Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps the bottom today, but we are far from out of the woods, at least for the market in general. I still don't think we are anywhere close to realizing the full damage this is causing.

Agreed, my /s was multidimensional.

The USA is in the first of at least 3-4 weeks of real fear and people staying home. Those economic effects are just starting to build. We still aren't just testing for the virus everyone like literally everyone else is doing, because we lack the quantity of tests that would require.

Schools are mostly closed, so even people who planned on going to work some need to stay home as well. The only relief that looks to be a priority is for big business.

IT'S COMING UP !
Yeah, its riding the Lower-BB. Which is going down.

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2020-03-16.11-34.png

Not hating trading in a few SPX puts for more TSLA LEAPS this am + weekly calls :cool:
Though trying to trade with 20 minutes for my orders to go through is horrendous @ RBC and >1h phone wait time.

Perhaps the bottom today, but we are far from out of the woods, at least for the market in general. I still don't think we are anywhere close to realizing the full damage this is causing.

Hard to say though don't you think? I've also very successfully been hedging and keep adding TSLA from SPX put gains, I hope you've converted some? Yes the US has not reached peak infection but whether the market has priced it in yet or not....can we really say? If the general sentiment becomes that market bottom=peak US infections, I can almost guarantee the market will bottom either before or after that happens. May be more relative to peak world infections, if things are starting to look brighter in other parts of the world, consider the bottom happening a bit before expected? I'm good either way but I'm not going to let my puts become >25% of my account and try to time the bottom. I just re balance as things progress.

Last edited:
Not hating trading in a few SPX puts for more TSLA LEAPS this am + weekly calls :cool:
Though trying to trade with 20 minutes for my orders to go through is horrendous @ RBC and >1h phone wait time.

Hard to say though don't you think? I've also very successfully been hedging and keep adding TSLA from SPX put gains, I hope you've converted some? Yes the US has not reached peak infection but whether the market has priced it in yet or not....can we really say? If the general sentiment becomes that market bottom=peak US infections, I can almost guarantee the market will bottom either before or after that happens. May be more relative to peak world infections, if things are starting to look brighter in other parts of the world, consider the bottom happening a bit before expected? I'm good either way but I'm not going to let my PUTS become >25% of my account and try to time the bottom. I just re balance as things progress.
I have some limit sells in on my short stuff. I'm not interested in being greedy so bailing if I get 50-100% returns basically. Definitely hard to say, but just looking back and 2008 lows it seems we have so much more we could drop. I'm all cash in my 401k but I've started to buy back in. Going to do 10% at a time and it will either average up or down. My best guess (worth $0.01) is that this will be a nasty, but short recession. With all the stimulus and algo trading I think the bottom will disappear quickly and clearly the market is comfortable with huge upward swings.

Are market's locked...I am getting no updates at all
Hi Unpilot,

A few posts back you asked what would be a good company to invest in that tests for COVID-19. I thought the same thing, and as a clinical laboratory scientist/medical technologist (look it up on wikipedia for a basic job description) us lab techs who work in hospitals are starting to see first hand what sorts of tests providers are ordering, and how state health departments are implementing testing protocols for COVID-19.

Although there isn't a widely available, mass-testing system for COVID-19 at the moment, one company in particular, BioFire (I think they started in Utah, but are now owned by French giant bioMerieux, but I could be wrong on this point), makes a respiratory viral testing panel (see link: panelhttps://www.biofiredx.com/products/the-filmarray-panels/filmarrayrp/) that is very comprehensive, it's advantage being that it tests for and is able to rule-out more well-known, common respiratory viruses and bacteria, thus saving the rare testing kits for more likely-to-be-confirmed COVID-19 patients.

In addition, this company just announced a few days ago a partnership with the US Dept. of Defense to fast-track a COVID-19 test to be included in their current respiratory panel, to be released at the end of March. See this link:

First of 3 diagnostic tests for SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus available from bioMérieux

I'm in traveling healthcare, and have used the BioFire analyzer at a number of different hospitals and I personally like it; their test kits are very comprehensive, and can test blood and stool samples in addition to respiratory samples. Check them out.

I don't post much here on TMC mainly because I've nothing relevant to add to these discussions, and I don't have any education in investing anyway, so take this with a grain of salt. Plus, bioMerieux is not on a major US stock exchange I don't think, but I could be wrong on this point as well. Anyway, as this is an investor thread I thought maybe someone could shed some light on if this would be a good stock to pick because this version of coronavirus isn't going away anytime soon.

Thanks to everyone here for posting. Like most of you I have a Tesla (2019 M3 SR+) and TSLA stock, and am rooting for Tesla.

FWIW I have a 60 day buy order in at 290 :) figure it has a fair chance at execution but will see how it plays out.
Maybe I should place mine at $291. Fairwarning, I know how to play The Price is Right... but that seems too low. I think at that point we need to convert cash to actual gold nuggets and move to Canada where they have lots of water :)

Mkts undercut fridays lows....you guys know what this means!...mkt will move at 1 pm est when "news" comes out...yes UBI type of announcement can save the mkt's for "today", but IT levels are broken now so too late.

The potential stopping points for SPX is 1900 and 1300(IMHO).

The chance for V shape is over now.

Sad day for mkt's as it has big implications for society in general imho.

GL people!!!...have dry powder waiting ...when we bottom there will be a ton of money to be made...we will recover eventually like we always do.

I suspect closing everything that is 'non essential' for two weeks. My question: What is 'essential'? Does it include his measuring stick...WS?
How can you do that without providing massive financial relief to those impacted? That's hundreds of thousands (millions?) of people who rely on wages from working events, restaurants, cleaning offices, etc. Most have no savings and will quickly start defaulting on debt.

Personally, I'd be happy to dip into the public piggy bank to help those people out. I think we are better off doing that than forcing them to make a tough choice that will wind up infecting more people and making things even worse. Apparently Yang's UBI plan wasn't years ahead of it's time, just a few months ahead of it's time. ;)