Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I remember a dog (or maybe some other animal) ate a Nokia 3310 once, pooped it out and it worked fine afterwards.
unnamed-jpg.556508

Makes you wonder how Microsoft feels about paying 15 billion for mobileye

I suspect Amazon is circling over Detroit waiting for one of them to get to an attractive buying price
I'm waiting for Elon to buy Rolls Royce in 2025. They'll be broke and in need of a white knight. Complete redesign of their cars with Tesla technology. Robo Rolls. (Once in a while I let my imagination run away a little.)

Well the 4th of July holiday will interfere with that here in the States if they announce after-hours on the 2nd as the 3rd (Friday) is the recognized holiday and the markets will be closed until Monday the 6th. Plenty of time for FUD to flood if the intent is to keep the SP down.

Now if P/D is around 90K, Katie bar the door!

There was a time when I was conditioned to dread each new wave of FUD. That was when the shorts were in control.

Now, FUD appears to be a measure of the discomfort of the shorts. It comes on strong when they are feeling the pain. Now I am conditioned to smirk at the FUD, even like it a bit as it seems to have become a leading indicator of buying pressure!:cool:

The macro market keeps sinking into new lows of the day, and are dragging TSLA along with them. The other automakers are even further down.

Coravirus surges could have been sending risk averse traders to the sidelines before a weekend. Of course more forward thinking investors may want to take advantage of that. The final 90 minutes of trading could be interesting.

Last edited:
Why is Elon throwing mudballs at Ford and Amazon? One could suggest that if he were to refrain, no-one would be any the wiser.

Not sure I see the benefit of his tweets.
Ford trolled Elon when Model 3 reached 5k production in one week two years ago. Bezos trolled when SpaceX Falcon 9 made it first safe landing. Elon never forgets.

So, several here believe that tsla will rise on June 30 following the release of production numbers.

Question: There seems to be a second wave now of covid-19 in the US. Will that affect tsla further? If so — then by how much? Any estimates?
I believe the numbers won't be out until the 2nd or after and that the anticipation of the stock rising on the 30th is based on speculation that funds that feel they need more tesla stock in their possession within the second quarter will be buying enough before the end of month/quarter which will drive the price up. If I understand correctly, there is a possibility the stock will then drop after the report if it's as expected or worse (or maybe even better than expected, but it gets reported otherwise). So if I understand correctly, if one was betting on this, one could buy a small portion of shares before the 30th in anticipation of a rise, and if it starts to drop afterward sell for a profit? But don't trust what I'm saying, I'm only 3000 pages into this thread so far, a total noob to money and investing, and still slightly overwhelmed and confused as to a prudent course of action for my tiny bit of "dry powder" in this current global atmosphere.

I think the increasing number of cases is already having an effect this afternoon as everything keeps dropping. I would speculate that there will be increasing numbers of cases again reported through the weekend, that are a result of the previous weeks protests and states opening too soon.

Last edited:
Why is Elon throwing mudballs at Ford and Amazon? One could suggest that if he were to refrain, no-one would be any the wiser.

Not sure I see the benefit of his tweets.
2-3 years ago, one or two analysts compared Tesla to Ford and said it made no sense Tesla's market cap was close to Ford's based on revenue and profitability at that moment. Elon has been tweaking Ford on Twitter ever since. They even returned the favor one time which I thought was hilarious.

Jeff Bezos and Elon just don't like each other. Simple as that. Notice Elon specifically calls out Bezos, not Amazon.

US is still in the 1st wave, what 2nd wave?

The US chart [of US covid deaths (My edit.)] hides two trends -- a classic inverted V shape with a >90% drop from the peak in the original hotspots (greater NYC, Boston, Detroit and New Orleans) and a flat-to-rising trend everywhere else. Since "everywhere else" has ~90% of the population it is starting to overwhelm the downtrend in the original hotspots. /...

That's what I meant...

Deutsche Bank (DB) maintains their Q2 delivery forecast of 72k. Breakdown: 8k Model Y, 60k Model 3, 8k Model S/X. Price target goes to $900 from $850.

Consensus for Q2:
Sellside: 72K
Buyside low-70's (per DB recent investor survey)

DB also decreased their FY20 delivery estimates from 471k to 455k.

Consensus for FY20:
Sellside: 426k
Buyside: 450k
Wait a minute! I think we have identified part of Deutsche Bank's problem here:
They use a buggy Pentium for a calculator! 8+60+8 makes 76, right? (Socks off) :cool:

That may not be their only problem ... :rolleyes:

I think the increasing number of cases is already having an effect this afternoon as everything keeps dropping. I would speculate that there will be increasing numbers of cases again reported through the weekend, that are a result of the previous weeks protests and states opening too soon.
It has nothing to do with the protests. Cases are rising in states like Florida and Texas that opened bars and restaurants too soon and without social distancing and masks.

States retreat as confirmed virus cases hit all-time high

A number of the hardest-hit states, including Texas, Florida, Arizona and Arkansas, have Republican governors who have resisted mask-wearing requirements and have largely echoed President Donald Trump’s desire to reopen the economy quickly.

Last edited:
Ok, it is Friday. And the stock is exactly where MM wants it so entertain me another way...
let's say you have two things ot figure out for yourself.
1. What car would you like to have on the OUTSIDE but it remains a tesla in every other way.
2. And what interior from any other car would you like on the inside instead of the Tesla one.
OK a third question if you can not use either of the other two cars from above...what car would you like to have the Tesla tech in, but not look like a Tesla in any way.
These can be any car from any year...and give us your reason and personal reasons for choosing them.

Ok, it is Friday. And the stock is exactly where MM wants it so entertain me another way...
let's say you have two things ot figure out for yourself.
1. What car would you like to have on the OUTSIDE but it remains a tesla in every other way.
2. And what interior from any other car would you like on the inside instead of the Tesla one.
OK a third question if you can not use either of the other two cars from above...what car would you like to have the Tesla tech in, but not look like a Tesla in any way.
These can be any car from any year...and give us your reason and personal reasons for choosing them.
A Trabant of course! But will have to wait for Model 2, or maybe Model 1 even, to fit into the small frame.

Bubble generator as an extra, naturally.

It has nothing to do with the protests. Cases are rising in states like Florida and Texas that opened bars and restaurants too soon and without social distancing and masks.

A number of the hardest-hit states, including Texas, Florida, Arizona and Arkansas, have Republican governors who have resisted mask-wearing requirements and have largely echoed President Donald Trump’s desire to reopen the economy quickly.
Sure, I acknowledged that as well, but I doubt if anyone can definitively say that at least some of the spike in cases cannot at all be attributed to mass protests, and prolific use of tear gas on those crowds.

Wrong thread, and when you get to the proper thread explain California.