Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So yesterday was a psychology experiment. Ask yourself: did you get duped by the big boys and end up losing any of your net position in TSLA yesterday or today? I wouldn't blame you if you did. It's hard, isn't it? This is why the house usually wins.

I used to worry but for several years now I have been growing my accounts with the house's money. Jim Cramer taught me that and how to achieve that. I can't be conned into gambling with other people's money so I can relax with a down day in Tesla that loses $250,000 of houses money, especially when the next day it's back just by watching the charts.

It tells me that many people (and bots) have investment horizons of less than one week
I actually think people who are really trying to make a killing from Tesla already bought the calls they needed, and if not will front run like 2 days before indexers start buying. This 5 weeks long front running is nonsense and I don't know a trader in the world with that kind of patience.

Perhaps you could provide a plausible explanation for Tesla to "hammer the bid".

It is not in Tesla's best interest to drive down the prices. Your theory lacks motive.

The alternative is that Hedge funds "hammer the bid", knowing that Tesla was selling. Moving the SP lower actually IS in the (short, narrow) interests of hedgies....

EDIT: Here's another data point: we know now that Tesla was finished selling on Wed, Dec 9th: The SP went down -$35 between the Close on Wed and the Open on Thursday, so we know that drop was NOT caused by Tesla "hammering the bid". So who was it? Any difference in pattern of selling vs Wednesday?

Cheers!
Could it be the banks that did the secondary? Essentially they knew that the secondary was completed 24h ahead of everyone, engineered a dip to shake the weak hands and scoop some stop loss orders, then bought in trove knowing that the release of this info would boost the stock? Nah, that would be unethical, and they have this ‘great wall’ stuff, never mind... :rolleyes:

Shanghai factory expanding onto new land!

From Wu Wa:

The winter in Shanghai is cold and humid, and the sky is shrouded in mist. The Lingang Tesla factory, which is a kilometer away from downtown Shanghai, is indeed very lively. In addition to the new Model 3s constantly shuttled in the factory, we also Seeing that the fence outside the paint shop on the east side of the second phase of the factory was opened, two excavators were stepping towards the watermelon field in the east, although we did not get any information about the watermelon field in the east. However, according to the signs today (Dec 10), Tesla is likely to rent the watermelon land in the southeast. I was consulting a melon farmer who stayed in this land and learned that the construction staff on the site told him , This land will no longer grow crops, they need to find a piece of farmland to grow watermelon in Lingang. In the near future, a new factory building will be built here. With the expansion of the factory, Tesla has also carried out a large number of recruitment in various cities in China. Next year, Tesla China will be a new era.

SHOW LESS

Bought them back, or probably rolled them to next week. The bet was on TSLA not going below 589 by expiration in order to profit.

I may open a position tomorrow, write something like 700's for the 18th. Have to see what the premiums look like. Puts aren't really that useful for this sort of situation, I think, as they cap your winnings. But there may be enough premium in this craziness to justify some kind of bet. Probably something small though.
The way puts benefit in this type of situation is to finance buying calls. That's pretty much how I've built my whole Tesla position.

So yesterday was a psychology experiment. Ask yourself: did you get duped by the big boys and end up losing any of your net position in TSLA yesterday or today? I wouldn't blame you if you did. It's hard, isn't it? This is why the house usually wins.
I’m not sure and won’t know until the inclusion event is over and done. On Monday I sold some of the calls that I had bought weeks ago, and then plowed the profits back into shares, most during an early dip yesterday (way too early, so not the bottom) and a smaller amount exactly at today’s opening low. If the SP goes to 800+, then those calls were sold too early, and yes I got duped. I still got an extra 245 shares out of the deal, so I won’t be heartbroken to see 800+. We will see.

Reactions: Johan
The way puts benefit in this type of situation is to finance buying calls. That's pretty much how I've built my whole Tesla position.
Can you explain exactly what you mean. When I sell puts they are naked, cash (and sometimes margin) backed. When I buy calls they are usually naked. Both use buying power. You are talking some kind of more complex combination?

• Disagree
Reactions: Char
EU Carbon Rises to Record as Leaders Approve 55% Emissions Cut

By William Mathis
(Bloomberg) -- Carbon futures rose by as much as 1.3% to EU31.30/metric ton on ICE Futures after leaders approved more ambitious cuts to greenhouse gases at a summit in Brussels.

The EU’s new target will cut emissions by at least 55% by 2030, up from 40% previously

This is so great!