Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

1615405678529.png

Edit. Bottom of article has a survey with two options. ~1/3 say Elon is part of the reason they like Tesla while ~2/3 say Elon is the part of the reason they don't like Tesla. Self selected auto enthusiast for sure.

If you are a sensitive person and enjoy just a light touch on the gas/accelerator pedal and your car just shoot ahead of the pack
from a red light turning green: the only car you buy is TESLA. Buy a Tesla EV and see for yourself. I drive an 2015 Inifiniti Q40 3.7L 330HP and I did verify how Tesla EV will leave other sport cars in the dust. Warning: Never race against a Tesla, you will damage yourself and your car.

I had a friend ask me "is this a good time to buy TSLA?"
Well just answer one question says I..." are you a investor...or trader?"

If you a investor then today is a good day to buy TSLA. Actually every day is a good day for the foreseeable future.

Sure some entry points are better than others.
But a investor invests because they know the company is a winner.

Now a trader...no advice as I know nothing about that.

Us investors are going to be very happy.

Interesting take from on Level 2 in an IIHS study.

"This is precisely the opposite of what IIHS and many people have said in the past."​

"IIHS explained in its study via Teslarati:

“Our data suggest that Level 2 driving automation has the potential to improve a driver’s situational awareness (SA) once he or she is familiar with the technology, although it does not guarantee it. Unfamiliar drivers, however, appear to have even more difficulty maintaining SA when using the system than when driving without it. On average, participants who were familiar with Level 2 systems showed the highest degree of SA about the bear when using the system, unfamiliar participants who drove with the system off had moderate SA, and unfamiliar participants who drove with the system on demonstrated the lowest SA.""

gonna channel @KarenRei here

market cap does not equal enterprise value.

Then you need to learn to read like KarenRei, because enterprise value is in that spreadsheet in col Q.

1615407015929.png

so saying market cap does not equal enterprise value doesn't change the fact that the enterprise value didn't go below the two companies you mentioned.

@oldtavguy.105496
@Andy-o.109432

will need to pay attention as well. I though linking to Top 25 Automakers by Market Cap would be good enough, I didn't know I'd have to read it for you too.

Last edited:
Dear Tesla comrades:
Last ingredient of Tesla business has started: The FSD subscription and Robotaxis have started with this fresh news: Rideshare vehicle provider EVmo Inc., formerly known as YayYo Inc. , said Wednesday that its subsidiary Rideshare Car Rentals LLC is taking part in a fleet acquisition of Tesla Inc. vehicles .

In a not crowded suburban area, the FSD level 5 can be operated without paying a person for supervision: a true robotaxis. In a crowded area of San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York you can just hire a part-time high school/college student to serve as supervision. So Tesla FSD SW $1.5B revenues will be realized as Munster said.

... what?

The company you list is a car rental company

They rent cars out to people who want to work for Uber, Lyft, Doordash, etc but don't have a nice car to do it with.

They announced they're buying some Teslas to rent out to replace the gas cars they do it with today.

It has literally nothing to do with FSD or the Tesla robotaxi network- and will provide $0.00 extra revenue to Tesla apart from if anybody had bought a bunch of cars from them at the same time.

Apple is #2 shorted stock second to #1 Tesla

#2 by $ value, not % of float... fairly substantial difference

“According to Cairn ERA, Tesla pays an average of $142 per kilowatt hour (kWh) for battery cells purchased from its three suppliers: Panasonic, LG Chem and CATL. By comparison, GM pays an average of $169 per kWh for its battery cells while the industry average runs at about $186 per kWh. Paying far less than other automakers for lithium-ion battery cells allows Tesla to also lead the industry in the cost to manufacture EV battery packs. Cairns data estimates that Tesla’s battery packs cost, on average, $187 per kWh while GM’s packs cost $207 per kWh and the auto industry spends an average of $246 per kWh for battery packs.”

View attachment 643356

Edit. Bottom of article has a survey with two options. ~1/3 say Elon is part of the reason they like Tesla while ~2/3 say Elon is the part of the reason they don't like Tesla. Self selected auto enthusiast for sure.
Thats inline with the circle of people I've asked, about 2/3 dislike musk. Mostly do to the Twitter antics.

Dear Tesla comrades:
Last ingredient of Tesla business has started: The FSD subscription and Robotaxis have started with this fresh news: Rideshare vehicle provider EVmo Inc., formerly known as YayYo Inc. , said Wednesday that its subsidiary Rideshare Car Rentals LLC is taking part in a fleet acquisition of Tesla Inc. vehicles .

In a not crowded suburban area, the FSD level 5 can be operated without paying a person for supervision: a true robotaxis. In a crowded area of San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York you can just hire a part-time high school/college student to serve as supervision. So Tesla FSD SW $1.5B revenues will be realized as Munster said.

Apple is #2 shorted stock behind #1 Tesla ( leader of EV, FSD/robotaxis, EV battery, Clean Energy and Power Storage). Tesla now is the Leader for this Nasdaq 2021 bull run to be verified by tomorrow. Boeing leads Dow Jones 2021 bull run successfully today. The 100 yr old IBD still uses the 4th follow-thru day is an outdated method. What main event triggered a bull run has to be identified: this is the big $1.9T Covid-10 help package to be signed tomorrow

I only need a 3rd day to identify the beginning of a bull run in this special Covid-19 pandemic situation. The shorts always attack the very next day after a breakout yesterday and it will pull down $30 - $40 if we do not have a bull run. If we only down 1% or so for today and gain much higher tomorrow with 55M volume, then we a 2021 Nasdag Bull Run.

Good luck to all of us. Cheers
I REEEALLY want some of what you are on!
I hope you are so right. I just think we are stuck right about here for the next week and a half because of triple witching next week.

• Funny
Reactions: Paul_SF

View attachment 643356

It's a ridiculous "survey" because there are only two choices to the question "What is your attitude towards Elon Musk":

1) He's part of why I like Tesla
2) He's part of why I don't like Tesla

It's conflating two different things;

1) Whether you like Elon Musk
2) Whether you like Tesla

There is no way to extract meaningful data from such a loaded question. The only rational conclusion was this survey was designed specifically to the highest number of negative responses because the only positive response offered requires liking both Musk and Tesla. If you have a negative attitude about either you have to answer with the only negative choice. And it doesn't offer a rational choice for people who don't like Musk but love the cars (a large percentage of the total respondents). This is so transparent it's silly.

But Tesla has endured this kind of favoritism all through the last decade and they are still succeeding in wild fashion. Jaw-dropping fashion to the hoards of naysayers.

Last edited:
... what?

The company you list is a car rental company

They rent cars out to people who want to work for Uber, Lyft, Doordash, etc but don't have a nice car to do it with.

They announced they're buying some Teslas to rent out to replace the gas cars they do it with today.

It has literally nothing to do with FSD or the Tesla robotaxi network- and will provide $0.00 extra revenue to Tesla apart from if anybody had bought a bunch of cars from them at the same time.

#2 by $ value, not % of float... fairly substantial difference
Ah, not so fast, or so strong. Those vehicles have all the hardware for FSD, yes? And with a flip of a switch and a monthly subscription what happens?

Apple is #2 shorted stock behind #1 Tesla. Tesla now is the Leader for this Nasdaq 2021 bull run to be verified by tomorrow. Boeing leads Dow Jones 2021 bull run successfully today. The 100 yr old IBD still uses the 4th follow-thru day is an outdated method. What main event triggered a bull run has to be identified: this is the big $1.9T Covid-10 help package
Not sure what you mean by leader. To me leader is one which everyone follows. I think that distinction still remains with AAPL. First just the sheer size it has, second AAPL attracts a broad set of investors, third TSLA still carries the notion of a speculative, high PE stock. The last point is purely market commentary, of course I will pick tsla in the next decade (as I did in last 6 years) over any other company. Interesting AAPL has been boring lately (perhaps just consolidating here, setting a new bottom).

It's a ridiculous "survey" because their are only two choices to the question "What is your attitude towards Elon Musk":

1) He's part of why I like Tesla
2) He's part of why I don't like Tesla

It's conflating two different things;

1) Whether you like Elon Musk
2) Whether you like Tesla

There is no way to extract meaningful data from such a loaded question. The only rational conclusion was this survey was designed specifically to the highest number of negative responses because the only positive response offered requires liking both Musk and Tesla. If you have a negative attitude about either you have to answer with the only negative choice. And it doesn't offer a rational choice for people who don't like Musk but love the cars (a large percentage of the total respondents). This is so transparent it's silly.

But Tesla has endured this kind of favoritism all through the last decade and they are still succeeding in wild fashion. Jaw-dropping fashion to the hoards of naysayers.

I said in my post there were two choices. There are always two choices in Car & Driver surveys. They want to push people out of neutral/middle of the road response.

Are you more a Tesla/Elon superfan or mostly a Tesla/Elon anti-fan.

Disbanding Tesla PR Team in favor of Elon Musk on social media isn't a 100% positive for Tesla.

One of the main reasons I see Tesla market share capped at ~50% even with Tesla having a superior product. Still means ~25x plus growth for Tesla. A lot of people hate Apple and hated Jobs too.