Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That news actually began circulating yesterday. The unlikely maximum award equates to a 2 cent move in the share price.
I see no traction coming from the lawsuit based on the little I know about it. That being said I don't think any Tesla investor is worried about a max judgement impact on the quarterly results - it would be the story and strategy impact of a high projected future value feature getting such a negative event happening.

Or I guess a different way to think about it - while the big financial firms maybe able to throw the fines assessed from (MHO) fraudulent business practices and the negative publicity that follows along into the cost-of-doing-business side of the ledger and see ~zero impact from doing so, that isn't going to work for Tesla. The negative publicity will get some traction, even if it isn't warranted.

Last edited:
I might not believe it, though I keep an open mind

Regardless...This is the future for the longs:

make_money_gif.gif

Hmmmm, I wonder if it is a new prototype, or they simply updated the original prototype?
My gut is it's different. I saw the OG in person in New York. I can't put my finger on it exactly but this looks/feels like a different thing.

I'll open up some photos and yell enhance at the screen for the next hour.

Yes. Setting a stop loss on a volatile stock, such as TSLA, is just asking for someone to steal your shares.
True, but risk is on and volatile conditions seem like they will continue to persist. I've been able to add many shares with stop loss orders and then setting buy orders and forget it. I dont catch the top or bottom but do well enough.

Every time shares sell I am sad/worried but get over it quickly when I end up able to add more shares on the buy order. I only do this because I have no more spare cash to put in but still want more shares.

Reactions: saniflash
In 1989 only one company had a market cap over 100B. Today we have several companies valued over 1T.

If 16T is possible I have full faith that Elon and his team have the best chance of achieving these sky-high valuations

This is a good point. TSLA would have a Mkt Cap of $16T by 2050 if it simply kept pace with the Market at a CAGR of 11.4%/yr.

I truly believe we are in for a shock (quite positively) for the Q3/Q4 numbers. Internally, Tesla is aiming at 1M+ with its suppliers for this year. Even with the component shortages and whatever, we are still quite far away from that number. For the H1 2021, we have what? 380k total. To make up for that difference, I'm thinking more like 280k for Q3 and 340k for Q4 to close the 2021 with 1M+.