Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As far as why I'm hanging out here, I simply choose to. Tesla is the only single stock I own. I see the potential for the company to grow amazingly, as I assume most here do. Is 100% Tesla AA required to participate in the thread?

No - everybody is welcome. No minimum investment.

When I found this thread I had a handful of shares. Now I need more hands.

Hey @TrendTrader007, weren't you a bear on here a couple of years ago?
Depends on the day, or medication. You can see the "trend" in the postings, it's manic behavior which repeats itself in a cycle. Apparently some people forgot or weren't here for the previous episodes in years past.

I wasn't indicating my personal investment philosophy, just curious about the spectrum of posters here. I will admit I'm surprised to see a good handful mention that they are 100% Tesla or close to it, that's all.

As far as why I'm hanging out here, I simply choose to. Tesla is the only single stock I own. I see the potential for the company to grow amazingly, as I assume most here do. Is 100% Tesla AA required to participate in the thread?
I think your screen name has members unleashing hostility towards your posts :)

If the birth rate remains insufficient to maintain population the population will continue to fall until it reaches zero. That's the fundamental concern.
I'm not concerned about a population collapse. Does this look sustainable?

1674068119214-png.897112

1676421526076.png

The interesting bit in this article is that the axe is mainly falling on engineering jobs. I quote:

"The global carmaker said 2,800 engineering roles will be axed by 2025"

and:

"We are moving into a world with less global platforms where less engineering work is necessary"

Elon Musk is always banging the drum that more engineering talent is needed, not less. Which rather suggests that one of these two companies has their priorities all wrong. Nah, no idea which one.

Just curious, does anyone here follow the more traditional approach to gaining wealth i.e. buy and hold low cost index funds long term and just play with 3-5% in speculative single stocks?
I do, yes.

I always had a "play money" account, maybe closer to 10% than the 3-5% but same idea. From 2013 to 2017 all of my "play money" went to $TSLA and it has since become much more than 10% of my portfolio. I still put money in low cost index funds every 2 weeks and I have been doing that consistently for over 20 years.

It has worked quite well for me. I am perfectly happy with where I sit today.

Is 100% Tesla AA required to participate in the thread?

Certainly not…it’s just what tends to happen if you hang out here long enough.

I don’t think any of us started with the plan of being all-in. But then either the share appreciation dwarfed our other holdings, or we rage bought all the dips. Or both. And here we are.

I think your screen name has members unleashing hostility towards your posts :)
Ah! Surprisingly, this was completely unintentional i.e., people call me "Bear", and I bought a Tesla, so I hastily typed TeslaBear as my username. Absentmindedly did not hit me that it could be interpreted as Tesla bear as in stock market bear. Doh!

Also, to be clear, no judgment intended for anyone who is all in. If I were to pick a stock to be all in on, it would be Tesla. Also makes sense how long term investors would end up with unintentionally high allocation due to the crazy appreciation! I hope I end up in the same boat!!!

Last edited:
I see neither frame nor body nor axel, and the Cybertruck is supposed to be a monocoque design without a ladder sort of frame.
They have to contain the battery somehow. The Model Y with the structural pack has sides as well.

If it’s not the Cybertruck… what is it? It’s definitely not a Model Y or Model X. Doesn’t seem to be a semi, though that is possible I suppose.

I tried to perspective correct it and project it onto a Cybertruck and it’s in the ballpark.

1676423970009.png

Kind of looks like a Cybertruck frame sneak-peak here? Second robot in the lineup.

View attachment 907266

Lifting a HUGE vehicle body Cybertuck or semi and doesn’t seem to have enough axles for a semi.

Doesn't look like any piece of a Model S/3/X/Y that I know of. Could very well be part of a Cybertruck. It certainly is an odd thing - the robot appears to have a very specialized long holder that grips the piece in many different places.

I could see a world where there Flying J/ Pilot creates their own charging network which rivals Teslas. It would be a big time investment, but Buffett has the cash.
Interesting timing. TravelCenters of America just signed an agreement to pay EA, Electrify America, to install 350kW CCS chargers at most of their truck stops/travel centers. It is probably planned to feed at the NEVI funding trough. That really won't help with Semi charging, but it is a step in the correct direction. (Tough I really don't understand why they would pay EA to do that vs. just doing it themselves, even CircleK has their own staff managing their charging station build-out.)

Tesla really should offer a service to install Superchargers, with CCS capability, to places like CircleK and TravelCenters of America.
We are the gorilla in this space. There are tons of deals that look good in the short run that aren’t good longer term. We could partner with anyone to accelerate the buildout but there’s a reason Tiffany’s doesn’t sell through Kay Jewelers. We own the customer which is everything. Megacharger could be a great business with huge moats for the next hundred years … don’t sell out the way carmakers sold out to dealerships.

I always had a "play money" account, maybe closer to 10% than the 3-5% but same idea. From 2013 to 2017 all of my "play money" went to $TSLA and it has since become much more than 10% of my portfolio. I still put money in low cost index funds every 2 weeks and I have been doing that consistently for over 20 years.

It has worked quite well for me. I am perfectly happy with where I sit today.
You made me look at my spreadsheets. From the mid-90's to today I've been dollar-cost averaging into ETFs, and am still doing so. In 2015 paid off the mortgage and my money was piling up in the high-interest savings account, finally decided to put it all into TSLA in 2017. Since then, whenever I've accumulated a few thousand in the high-interest savings account, I look for a TSLA dip and buy more shares.

My spreadsheets tell me that over the years I've put about 3x as much money into the "other" accounts as TSLA. Currently my TSLA account is 2x my "other" accounts. 22 fewer years of appreciation and 1/3 as much invested, yet worth 2x as much...

Still, the "other" accounts have enough to retire on and TSLA is just a really nice bonus for me. I can sleep well at night with such di-worse-ification.

This is what all of us thought in the 2nd half of 2022 but it was the perfect storm with things that i will not mention as we all already know the events that caused $TSLA to go to almost $100. Did it make any sense at all? 0 sense but it happened. Those bad actors made out like a bandit but in due time, they will all pay dearly.
Nah, the real 💩 heads drive things to hell, sold the plan to the idiot shorts, then quietly snuck out the back door. They are long gone with their billions. They are leaving the frothing hoards of TSLAQ 🐐 to hold their bags.

I see neither frame nor body nor axel, and the Cybertruck is supposed to be a monocoque design without a ladder sort of frame.

Agreed, the red ladder frame looks like a part for Semi, complete with stringers to form the battery boxes. Not sure how the megacasting fits in this picture, maybe an integrated rack to hold the triple-drive unit? Paging @mongo

EDIT: @Ogre did a nice Cybertruck fit in his photoshop at #400,637 above.

Last edited:
Agreed, the red ladder frame looks like a part for Semi, complete with stringers to form the battery boxes. Not sure how the megacasting fits in this picture, maybe an integrated rack to hold the triple-drive unit? Paging @mongo

EDIT: @Ogre did a Cybertruck fit in his photoshop at #400,637 above.
Yeah… I keep going back and forth. If it is the semi, the third axle has to be on a separate rail?

The other thing is, I thought with the ~9 trucks/ day run rate the Semi wouldn’t be using robots like this, was thinking more of the sleds. **shrug**