Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Twitter CEO Linda Vaccarino should be able to advise Elon on the best platforms for advertising Tesla cars. She also could suggest ad makers that can create commercials in line with Tesla's objectives.
Hadn't really thought about that, but Musk hired himself a person who is very likely to be an all-star CEO and as a bonus has one of the best advertising experts in the country in his back pocket right now.

I love how Musk play-acted as if he on the spot decided to try advertising based on a comment in the Q&A session. As if Tesla it had never occurred to him prior to that.

Arguing about whether Elon is antisemitic or not is pointless. How often do you see a public company CEO having to deny he is antisemitic ? He put himself in that position

Murk Zuckerberg is only saved from not being called straight up Hitler because he is Jewish himself. But the Jewish community was not happy that FB refused to ban holocaust deniers and antisemitic posts.

Ah, man…. As a person who has been an investor for over 60 years, this is getting to be too much. A thousand pages or so ago, I told my rules for my investing- not suggesting they are right for everyone. One is that the company must pay a dividend, so Tesla doesn’t fit for me. Another is I study the company’s long term performance. Again, Tesla doesn’t fit. So why do I own some Tesla? Curiosity, bemusement, etc. A few hundred pages back I remarked that I was surprised that that was worth a million dollars. Now it’s worth a lot less. Does this bother me? No. I still invest by Bernard Baruch’s rules. Even if I considered Tesla an investment, which some of you do( and for others it’s a speculation) I didn’t sell it that day, so that price in the paper was meaningless. I didn’t sell today, so todays price is meaningless. Now don’t jump on me. I know useful information can be gained from looking at prices, but an asset, or a whim, is worth what you can sell it for when you need to sell it. As for Elon, if you are an investor, you did your homework and know somewhat what he’s like. I can’t see that he has changed much as to speaking his mind. Over the years, I’ve been in a lot worse situations than this. Mostly they have worked out, but some were learning experiences. Tesla is a non investment that is transitioning from start up to semi mature company. Look at the stock history of most successful startups. Apple almost went bankrupt, for example.

Murk Zuckerberg is only saved from not being called straight up Hitler because he is Jewish himself. But the Jewish community was not happy that FB refused to ban holocaust deniers and antisemitic posts.

Which of them is being criticized for what he said on his personal social media account ?

I, for one, fully enjoy the thought of the loathesome Tesla-refusing cabal buying inferior EVs, only to have to deal with annoying laggy interfaces and mulitihour charging sessions where they can contemplate all their poor life decisions.
You know, for the first time in five years, I forgot to plug the car in last night after a road trip.

Arrived home with 12% SOC.

Actually, I did plug in but then unplugged and went to detail clean my bug covered car before supper last night…and then forgot to replug in after washing my car.

Still only had the 12% SOC this morning when I went to my car, but I needed 20% SOC to accomplish my errands today, including being at an appointment across town in 35 minutes…

Drove six minutes to the nearest supercharger and plugged in for one minute:

IMG_1234.jpeg

…and carried on with my day…with no drama…in my five year old TM3.

Still better than the new competition.

Which of them is being criticized for what he said on his personal social media account ?
Why does that matter? People screams "anti-semitism" weather it's due to your action, inaction, what comes out of your, or what didn't come out of your mouth. Mark said he will defend freedom of expression when asked why he would allow anti-semitism to run wild on FB. Sounds familiar? Sounds like the same fascist that's our dear leader of Tesla.

The conclusion is...if you are not Jewish and criticize someone who happens to be Jewish...well good luck to ya.

In a sad irony, the upstanding, queue respecting Scandinavian @KarenRei was denied opportunity to ask a question because of rude American line cutters.

Scandinavian? She's originally from the US and her dad is/was a major oil exec... (not doxing, she posted that on this site still findable via search)

The "hardball" question was previous addressed in his trial testimony and covered by CNBC in November.
I had a conflict of interest question and a tech question; because of the conversation that preceeded me, and the complete lack of hardball questions, I was going to go with the former: "Hi. You just brought up how you've stabilized Twitter and introduced new software features..
at a record pace. Congratulations on that! But since you brought it up, as we know Twitter famously 'borrowed' software developers from Tesla, particularly from the FSD team. Was there a written compensation agreement in place to reimburse Tesla at the time this started, and...
even if there was - and regardless of how developers were 'incentivized' to leave Tesla or work two jobs - how is it in #Tesla's best interests for you to poach its employees for your private company?"
Elon Musk says in court that he doesn't want to be CEO of any company and tries to walk back SEC insults

Musk said he only called on Tesla employees to assist him at Twitter on a “voluntary basis” and to work “after hours” at Twitter. He said that no Tesla board member had called him to say it is not a good idea to use Tesla resources for one of his other, privately held companies.
“This was an after hours — just if you’re interested in evaluating, helping me evaluate Twitter engineering ... that’d be nice. I think it lasted for a few days and it was over.”
When a lawyer asked if he thought it was a good idea to be using Tesla assets at Twitter, Musk responded, “I didn’t think of this as using Tesla assets.” He added, “There’s 120,000 people at the company. This is de minimis.”
SpaceX cross-fertilization is arguably a bigger thing that, I believe, gets tracked:
StackPath

I saw Gary Black in line to ask a question... hopefully he will ask.
Gary happened to be seated at the table next to mine at lunch today. I really wanted to ask him why he asked that question on price (but I chose not to interrupt his meal).

If you understand that Tesla is increasing production as rapidly as they can, then you have to understand that the price can only be set such that incoming order flow over time matches production. I.e. Tesla has no other option on pricing. Too high and inventory builds up. Too low and the waitlist builds up.

The only companies that have pricing flexibility are those that are controlling their production. It really shows Gary still thinks Tesla is demand limited (by the size of the “EV market”) and he believes they could increase production if they really wanted to

In a sad irony, the upstanding, queue respecting Scandinavian @KarenRei was denied opportunity to ask a question because of rude American line cutters.

She posted her question on Twitter - and it it was such a damp squib that I'm glad that she was spared the embarrassment.

Paraphrasing - Did Birdco have a written contract to poach Tesla's software engineers, and was that ethical?

Likely answer: (trimmed, as it was both wrong and covered in an immediately preceding post)

Twitter CEO Linda Vaccarino should be able to advise Elon on the best platforms for advertising Tesla cars. She also could suggest ad makers that can create commercials in line with Tesla's objectives.
Are there any? (ad creators that can do that)? All car advertising I've seen is about looking at the car driving the way no one ever drives, and would likely be illegal if attempted.

Are there any? (ad creators that can do that)? All car advertising I've seen is about looking at the car driving the way no one ever drives, and would likely be illegal if attempted.
Tesla could have an owners’ contest with a serious prize like a car to the winner. There have been some pretty nice ones posted over the years.

Well, only 21 more 4.41% days until we regain ATH, and only 32 more until we are back on the ~40% annual growth curve.... we can have another 20 or 30 straight 4.4% days, right?

Right?
No, not yet. I had to sell huge amounts for various reasons. Latest at $188 to settle tax bill. Unfortunately, I can only start buying back in the fall.

Please don’t run just yet TSLA.

I was happy that Elon told us there might be do some head winds this year so hopefully share price can remain low.

Seemed to me like he was laying a bit of a trap in the discussion of advertising, describing what Tesla “might” do as something artistic and educational, and subject to confirmation if proved to be productive. How on earth does anyone prove advertising‘s effect on sales, especially if thematic and artistic? Might we guess he realizes some advertising might be required to sell the Model 2 in volume, but we won’t see any before then other than a few teasers (since we’ll remain in product shortage for some time)?
Factually it is fairly easy today to quantify the exact direct benefits of most web-based direct response promotions. The traditional advertising on broadcast and cable TV have accepted metrics, none direct. of course ‘artistic and educational’ suggest something amorphous.
We’ll see. If the latter happens that triggers my sell button, but I really do not expect anything so obviously destructive of shareholder value.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rarity and Zero CO2
A careful look at her capabilities suggests her primary expertise is in selling space and devices for direct response. Despite her former title and location, her successes have been built on delivering tangible value. The word ‘advertising’ can be deceptive, just like ‘autopilor’