Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whoever restarted this discussion of ultra sonic sensors and who can and cannot drive deserves a swift kick in the rear.
Since the new holiday update includes enhanced visual assist parking it only makes sense people will critique how well it works. The swift kick in the rear is for Tesla who created the controversy to begin with.

If I am reading this correctly, NY is spending millions on outdated CCS on fast chargers with EA?

Governor Hochul Announces New York’s First National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Funded Fast Charging Station Now Operating in the Hudson Valley

Living in upstate NY the non tesla fast charging is almost completely useless. Sadly it looks like they are going to do more of the same.

NY could make a huge difference just by allowing Tesla to instal chargers at all of the highway rest stops.
You’re first problem is living in upstate NY.

In a city whose college team nickname is named after a former president, the Orangmen.

Most of the 8 cameras don't face downward nearly enough to do this... the cars that do offer this generally have one or more fisheye lens cameras very low on the bumpers/fenders to provide this view. Teslas in contrast have a fairly large blind spot below the hood-line everywhere in front of the rear-facing side cameras... (well with the exception of the Cybertruck I guess which has a low forward camera assumed to be for off-roading purposes)
Certainly the robotaxi will require increased visibility? Can't have an autonomous vehicle assuming some cached data from X seconds ago is still accurate relative to small animals and possibly children? Probably been discussed ad nauseum in the past...

I presume thgis snark is aimed at me. Oh look, another person from the US who has probably never left their home country but seems to be an expert on driving in central London or Cornwall.
This sort of arrogant snark is what drives anybody with a dissenting view away from this forum.
Go visit the UK forum here and see what people think of TeslaVision. Its considered a bad joke, and the worst thing about the car. But I guess if you arent a serious investor, you dont care what actual paying custoemrs outside of georgia think about their £71,000 Tesla having worse park assist than an entry-level skoda?
I've driven manuals in Europe in many places - none had any assist/vision system. None.

I am in a camp that think that whomever cries over non-having the sensors is a pansy. Last thing, you no likey Tesla, fine. Go get a Skoda (VW) or the iPace. Solved.

I've driven manuals in Europe in many places - none had any assist/vision system. None.

I am in a camp that think that whomever cries over non-having the sensors is a pansy. Last thing, you no likey Tesla, fine. Go get a Skoda (VW) or the iPace. Solved.
Is this how you talk to everyone? Quickest ignore ever. Enjoy your 'everyone is a pansy' camp.

I wonder if the steer by wire tech will make it to the model S and X. Opinions?
I think most of what is in Cynbertruck will eventually make it into Models S/X/3/Y that could happen in 1-2 years, or it might take 3-5 years.

Steer-by-wire will probably allow Model S/X sales again in RHD markets, lower production volumes make moving to new 48V parts less of a logistics issue.

Once Gen3 models are in production, 100% of vehicle controllers are in house 48V controllers and high volumes of 48V parts are being sourced, the additional parts required for Model S/X are not overly significant.

It may be that some internal lines to make parts specifically for Model S/X can be retired.

Model 3/Y are more of a challenge due to them being built in higher volumes and in multiple factories, my hunch is that Tesla will want Cybertruck and Gen3 fully ramped. Model S/X converted to 48V, and any other new models shipping, before doing major changes to Model 3/Y production.