Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We were talking about Deep-in-the-Money options. I agree about far out options. I have some of them too. Fortunately I'm pretty conservative, so what I'll lose on them I'll more than make up on the others.

Ah, I stand corrected then. I saw him talking about his options being way down and I must have just assumed he was talking about far OTM calls without reading carefully.

CNBC had Jeffrey Sonnenfeld - who is a current work colleague of Jim Chanos at Yale - on the channel right now, trying to throw shade on this going private thing.

He is getting his math wrong. He is thinking the transaction is going to require $80 billion and wonders where that is going to come from.

Colin Rusch pointed out about half an hour ago on the same channel that a great deal less money is required to effect the transaction, if current shareholders like me) come along for the ride and are brought into the "special fund."

But of course, Jeffrey Sonnenfeld will do his best to ignore that.

Plus Elon already owns a huge chunk of stock.

• Informative
Reactions: Fact Checking
To those saying "I hope this kills the shorts!"

It won't... There will be a lot of people willing to sell us a share at $425.

Elon just capped short losses.

I'm sure you already know Tesla is the biggest short out there .... if you think you will get to buy at $425 when it opens I'd say you may be disappointed. I can tell you that you won't get any of my shares.

In any case .... I wish you no luck.

Cheers to the longs.

yeah if they CONVERT shareholders, they don't need anywhere NEAR 70/80B.. Many shareholders would just convert, and each one/share means they don't have to come up with the money. I figure they would probably need 20-30B to take it private and convert existing large equity holders and retail.
I don't have much stock....but I AIN'T selling!

I don't have much stock....but I AIN'T selling!

Selling? I will be buying...

But first, I need to see if I can get somethin for my june19 600 calls. Possible to hope for a short squeeze way past 600 when 30 millions shares shorted need to be bought back really really quick. :-D?

And I think I have some sept. $350 calls also - Schwab says my order went through, but no calls on my account just yet.

Sucks I sold sept.330 calls just before Elons tweet, and not my jan19 600 calls. Would have been way more comfortable. :-D Have my shares though - and they will go private with Elon. Didnt plan to sell any before 2025-2030 anyway. Will be very nice not having FUD and shorts to bother with anymore.

Reactions: Ulmo
Status
Not open for further replies.