Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When Elon burns cash we are left with factories all over the world, #1 ranked cars, solar panels and distributed clean energy.
When the shorts burn cash they are left with nothing.

They definitely foretold their own story.

When Wall Street burns cash they need hundred-billion dollar bailouts and quantitative easing...

Well I'll tell you where all the money is coming from to take Tesla private.

After receiving the roadster that Elon so kindly sent us, we offered Elon 100 square miles of the surface of Mars for every model three delivered to orbit around the planet.
This was before the all-wheel-drive version was available.
We've now sweetened the offer to include melting the two polar ice caps. These ice caps are composed primarily of carbon dioxide.
By melting them we will raise the atmospheric pressure to three psi.
While we know this is not breathable for you humans, it would raise the temperature and provide enough atmosphere for plants.

Elon has now found a buyer for the land. By making this exchange he will be able to take Tesla private. We believe this is a good deal for everyone.

Sincerely
Martian High Command

I found this on Twitter :p

IMG_2659.JPG

I like JP Morgan's quote, today, by Brinkman: " "We continue to believe Tesla's valuation (target $305) based on fundamentals alone (i.e., a 50/50 blend of discounted cash flow and 2020-based multiples analysis - itself consisting of a blend of P/E, EV/EBITDA, and Price-to-Sales) is worth no more than $195 (our previous price target)," said Brinkman. "

Traditional valuation is a struggle, here. Like them, no matter what price I could call, it will always get back to the cash flows, and when. Like a 100X earnings multiple, when other auto-stocks trade at 5-15X. That's fine. Just give me the out-year income streams, perhaps on the other side of 2020, that make the "$500" real? Massive market share? Satellites? The first billion, in stationary storage? A little more rigor, and i'm sure there's a way.

So I've got one call option at 360. I set up a limit order at a particular price. A short squeeze up to $527 will trigger this sucker to pay off $10k.

Great tale from the hunt!
So NOW we are camping around 370?!..... left 330 in such a hurry that I didn't have time pick up any 'smores!
Ok, so is this a sort of base camp here? while we prepare for the assault on the summit of Mt Squeeze?
I'm having a little trouble reading the weather up there, but it looks promising.
I understand the route for this particular climb involves going private, doesn't yet have a map, and may be following a "never-before-attempted" means of ascent. Very exciting!

And these short-shorts are apparently designed for rapid ascent and descent, scaling and rappelling vertical cliffs with shocking speed, littering the route with massacred FUD traders, and bleeding, vicious, delusional short sellers from the swamps of CNBC and The Street.

The whole thing makes me think of Bosch or Escher..... what a fascinating world we find ourselves in today

and DJ (Dow Jones) citing whom?

So, hearsay.
The WSJ version of this "story" just out literally says:

SEC Has Made Inquiries to Tesla Over Elon Musk’s ’Taking Private’ Tweet —Sources
So, "sources."

I can see why Elon would want to take Tesla private. This is just ridiculous.

Expect plenty more of this sort of rumor mongering and FUD all the way to closing of the deal.

Great tale from the hunt!
So NOW we are camping around 370?!..... left 330 in such a hurry that I didn't have time pick up any 'smores!
Ok, so is this a sort of base camp here? while we prepare for the assault on the summit of Mt Squeeze?
I'm having a little trouble reading the weather up there, but it looks promising.
I understand the route for this particular climb involves going private, doesn't yet have a map, and may be following a "never-before-attempted" means of ascent. Very exciting!

And these short-shorts are apparently designed for rapid ascent and descent, scaling and rappelling vertical cliffs with shocking speed, littering the route with massacred FUD traders, and bleeding, vicious, delusional short sellers from the swamps of CNBC and The Street.

The whole thing makes me think of Bosch or Escher..... what a fascinating world we find ourselves in today
Yes, now we camp at $370. It's not marshmallows we should be roasting. Everything falls into place.

Status
Not open for further replies.