Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hello new clue on ramp progress!

Tesla Urges Workers to Prove the ‘Haters’ Wrong and Ramp Up Production

"Doug Field, senior vice president of engineering, said if the team can exceed 300 Model 3s a day it would be an “incredible victory” at a time when some investors are casting doubt on the company and shorting its stock."

"At the time of Field’s email, Tesla was making more than 200 Model 3 sedans a day on every line, he wrote. Field urged workers to quickly break through the 300-cars-a-day barrier and keep going, while keeping quality standards high."

I'm taking odds we've bottomed up to 75% (90% if you exclude shorts trying to game pricing in the pre-market, first hour or two of Monday's trading).

Very very likely we just got what we've been waiting for. It's super likely right there, no need to wait until others see this to see it for ourselves.

Last edited:
X Yes, you heard me, right?
upload_2018-3-29_11-51-53.png

"Doug Field, senior vice president of engineering, said if the team can exceed 300 Model 3s a day it would be an “incredible victory” at a time when some investors are casting doubt on the company and shorting its stock."

"At the time of Field’s email, Tesla was making more than 200 Model 3 sedans a day on every line, he wrote. Field urged workers to quickly break through the 300-cars-a-day barrier and keep going, while keeping quality standards high."

I'm taking odds we've bottomed up to 75% (90% if you exclude shorts trying to game pricing in the pre-market, first hour or two of Monday's trading).

Very very likely we just got what we've been waiting for. It's super likely right there, no need to wait until others see this to see it for ourselves.

and up goes TSLA

Very very likely we just got what we've been waiting for. It's right there, no need to wait to see it.

Well it appears that decimates the hopes of some here for a 2500+ surprise. With that in mind it looks like this forum has been pretty spot on. We are likely at a reasonable sustained rate well below that, but it sounds like progress. Now we just have to wait a few months. :)

Also this below part seems interesting

“We set high goals at Tesla, but I know we can do this,” Field wrote. “If we keep climbing from 300 through the end of the week, it will be an incredible victory. Your friends and family will hear about it in the news.”​

Sounds to me like Tesla is assuming that 300/day will be achieved this week, and they're aiming higher than that rate to exit the week.

Well it appears that decimates the hopes of some here for a 2500+ surprise. With that in mind it looks like this forum has been pretty spot on. We are likely at a reasonable sustained rate well below that, but it sounds like progress. Now we just have to wait a few months. :)
Like I said before, we were spot on regarding the end of Q4 #s, we're spot on again. Analysts can suck on that!

Fremont operates 6 days per week right?

200 cars per day means 1200 per week and 300 per day rate for the last 3 days of the week equal 1800 per week rate?

good points to bear in mind, but,

1) would think at this point they are operating 7 days a week... don't know what norm is for sure, but 6 sounds right.

2) read the quotes from Tesla management to employees... they are clearly going to aggressively make the case next week that Tesla has proved the "haters" wrong. I don't expect any "haters" to quit spinning, or much of the media... but, as of early next week, 95+% chance Tesla will be making a strong case that the bear narratives are false. That's a big change from what we've had since early November announcement of GF bottleneck, from defensive to confident claims of success.

Reactions: EinSV
I don't know, I read it as bad news tbh. This is another "burst rate"/"extrapolated" kind of thing if you have to pull people from other lines and make them work extra hard. That would also mean that assembly line has a bottleneck, not only the battery line in GF. I'd rather have them solid 1.5-2k without effort than 2.5k pushing hard.

Fremont operates 6 days per week right?

200 cars per day means 1200 per week and 300 per day rate for the last 3 days of the week equal 1800 per week rate?
They do 7 days, the typical 4/3-day breakdown for shifts.

Questions and Answers about Tesla Motors Shifts | Indeed.com

Edit: adding more explanations:

It's designed for 24-7 factory operations, you have shift A doing 4 days on and 3 days off of 12-hour shifts in one week, and shift B doing 3 days on and 4 days off that same week to fill in a complete 7-day 12-hour block. Then the next week shift A does 3 days on and 4 days off, and shift B does 4 days on and 3 days off. So in 2 weeks both shifts work 7 days. And it keeps rotating, covering a whole 12-hour block. Then you have shift C and shift D that do the same thing and cover the other 12-hour block.

Last edited:
I don't know, I read it as bad news tbh. This is another "burst rate"/"extrapolated" kind of thing if you have to pull people from other lines and make them work extra hard. That would also mean that assembly line has a bottleneck, not only the battery line in GF. I'd rather have them solid 1.5-2k without effort than 2.5k pushing hard.

Sounds like the bottleneck is manpower?

Status
Not open for further replies.