Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To refresh for some people:
Elon said he was considering taking Tesla private.
Funding secured does not have to mean signed documents.
The board was informed before the tweet.
Elon and insiders did not trade on the news.

No criminal actions took place. If there is an actual investigation that's the only crime being committed since it's completely unwarranted.

Understandably I am in a sour mood, but one thing I saw made my laugh my ass off just now. It's every reason to stay long and add on any weakness.

42087711_2256195561060730_1712625347515645952_n.jpg

TSLA just confirmed a voluntary request by DoJ, no subpeona.

"Last month, following Elon's announcement that he was considering taking the company private, Tesla received a voluntary request for documents from the DOJ and has been cooperative in responding to it. We have not received a subpoena, a request for testimony, or any other formal process. We respect the DOJ's desire to get information about this and believe that the matter should be quickly resolved as they review the information they have received."

Tesla stock drops on report company faces US criminal probe over Musk's take-private tweets

To refresh for some people:
Elon said he was considering taking Tesla private.
Funding secured does not have to mean signed documents.
The board was informed before the tweet.
Elon and insiders did not trade on the news.

No criminal actions took place. If there is an actual investigation that's the only crime being committed since it's completely unwarranted.

Also, according to a WSJ leak, two weeks later Elon presented $30b worth of funding to the Tesla board, that was not just secured, but committed as well:

Public Bravado, Private Doubts: Inside the Unraveling of Elon Musk’s Tesla Buyout

"By Wednesday night, they’d a presentation for Mr. Musk, proposing a roster of deep-pocketed buyers,
together with Volkswagen and Silver Lake itself, that had agreed to contribute as a lot as $30 billion,
folks acquainted with the matter mentioned."​

If Elon hadn’t tweeted Pedo, smoked weed or the funding secured, there would just be some other “sky is falling” accusation out there. This will blow over....like almost every other short thesis has ultimately done.

Perhaps... but it wouldn't have been 100% on Elon, 100% preventable, and for absolutely no reason...

The weed thing doesn't bother me but Elon needs to start using his advisors.... maybe I have to accept the eccentric part of the eccentric genius package; But that doesn't mean I have to like it....

and it is apparent now (and admitted so) that it wasnt true.
I don't believe that is correct. Haven't seen anything indicating funding wasn't secure.

(I will concede that the exact source of the funds hasn't been made public either)

Elon's buyout team decided not to carry on with the buyout because he wanted retail investors to maintain their stakes in the company, and it transpired that that would be too difficult to make manageable.

TSLA just confirmed a voluntary request by DoJ, no subpeona.
Yeah, use of the term "criminal investigation" has been confirmed to be way over-the-top.

TSLA lept from $278 to $284 when this news came out.

I wouldn't be surprised if the stock closes a substantial amount of the sub-$300 gap today. This is amounting to a nothingburger, except the news was bled out perfectly to allow insiders to profit.

You know you get site notifications anytime someone replies to your posts, right?

If all you really get out of TMC is reading @luvb2b's excellent models -- you do realize that you don't even have to login to see them, right?

I turned those off, i average more than 1 disagree per post, so i turned off all alerts because it pops up on my work screen and it is annoying

Perhaps... but it wouldn't have been 100% on Elon, 100% preventable, and for absolutely no reason...

The weed thing doesn't bother me but Elon needs to start using his advisors.... maybe I have to accept the eccentric part of the eccentric genius package; But that doesn't mean I have to like it....

People are free to not be tied to Tesla in any way, shape or form.

The weed, totally legal (even though I have no desire to use it).

The “funding secured” will turn out to be relatively nothing.

The pedo - shouldn’t have handled it this way but this too will ultImately blow over.

Some people can get their panties in a twist if they want over piddly crap but I care more about the product and the demand. And those two things are going gangbusters. That is ultimately what matters years from now.

Some people can get their panties in a twist if they want over piddly crap but I care more about the product and the demand. And those two things are going gangbusters. That is ultimately what matters years from now.

Probably. But the motivation to going private was to 'calm the seas' and help Tesla employees focus. You know what else would help? Not having your CEO acting erratically with baseless accusations and ill-advised tweets.

Most English native speakers would read that you made that very implication.

Right... Funny how you make a point of never actually quoting the entire post. Let's see, it goes something like this:

... [Tesla] doesn't have the ICE manufacturing plant legacy boat anchor around its neck.

then I give the minitel anecdote.

It is clear to anyone fluent in English how that reads.

Status
Not open for further replies.