Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the past 5 years we’ve had multiple 600-800 point pullback days/sessions for the DOW, after a few more down days the market then went on another run as buyers saw buying opportunities. The are Feds raising interest rates not because they see a recession coming, on the contrary they’re seeing signs of a healthy economy. Couple this with the unemployment rate at its lowest in 46 years, and with wages increasing the fear is not stagnation but rather “inflation.”

My bet is that the market will get over its jitters within 1-2 weeks. We’ll see what happens.

In the past 5 years we’ve had multiple 600-800 point pullback days/sessions for the DOW, after a few more down days the market then went on another run as buyers saw buying opportunities. The are Feds raising interest rates not because they see a recession coming, on the contrary they’re seeing signs of a healthy economy. Couple this with the unemployment rate at its lowest in 46 years, and with wages increasing the fear is not stagnation but rather “inflation.”

My bet is that the market will get over its jitters within 1-2 weeks. We’ll see what happens.

The reward for the lowest unemployment rate since 1969? Higher rates for your loans

You can find information on rate hikes and the state of the economy everywhere online, this is just one of the many sites that say pretty much the same thing as any other:

“That’s what a roaring economy will do. Households and companies are the most confident in years. Consumer spending and business investment are strong. And years of steady hiring have knocked the unemployment rate down to the lowest level since 1969 — an astounding 3.7%.”

“The reward? Higher costs of borrowing for consumers and businesses.”

“The economy is doing so well the Federal Reserve has embarked on a path to lift a key short-term U.S. interest rate to at least 3%, pushing them to the highest rate in more than a decade. That will raise the cost of all sorts of other loans.”

The reward for the lowest unemployment rate since 1969? Higher rates for your loans

You can find information on rate hikes and the state of the economy everywhere online, this is just one of the many sites that say pretty much the same thing as any other:

“That’s what a roaring economy will do. Households and companies are the most confident in years. Consumer spending and business investment are strong. And years of steady hiring have knocked the unemployment rate down to the lowest level since 1969 — an astounding 3.7%.”

“The reward? Higher costs of borrowing for consumers and businesses.”

“The economy is doing so well the Federal Reserve has embarked on a path to lift a key short-term U.S. interest rate to at least 3%, pushing them to the highest rate in more than a decade. That will raise the cost of all sorts of other loans.”
I think w/ unemployment so low it will be a very good holiday season. Heavy spending. agree?

Reactions: SpaceCash
Thanks for the positive words about the market just correcting and not crashing. Gives me enough confidence to hold my shares through the storm at least till earnings.
I hope we will hear good news about the gigafactory in china soon, the high tariffs were the only really negative news in the past months imo.

• Love
Reactions: SpaceCash
Still got clobbered some more after hours more so than other tech it seems. Flirted inside my danger zone of 248-252 today. Held on by a thread.

I have a knack for buying a day or two too early. Worried these sorts of crashes are often followed by a smaller one the next day. Still holding but worried.
The tech slide continuing into AH. dow futures point to another drop tmrw.

Help!
I can't find that opening for Chairman of the Board at Tesla. Is anyone connected to Musk on LinkedIn, we could try that? I fit all the right criteria.

Wait, maybe it's not open yet?
Nov 13th is what my calendar says.
CoB.png

We’ve been in a fed funds rate raising mode for les than two years.

Putting aside Murdoch's politics and ancestry, I struggle to see what qualification he has to be on Tesla's board never mind taking the role of chairman. There must be thousands of more suitable candidates that could bring some experience or vision to the table. This is a great opportunity to make a positive change and show intent.
I agree. Leaving Musk aside, could you not say the same of any Tesla board member? What relevant qualifications to any of them have?

I also agree that it is an opportunity, but I expect it will be wasted.

Reactions: Ulmo
Status
Not open for further replies.