Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Technical Analysis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's amazing how much the 20 day sd has dropped in recent days. Potential BB(20,2) & BB(20,3) upper bound for SP tomorrow (10/18)
Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 10.21.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 10.23.03 PM.png

It's amazing how much the 20 day sd has dropped in recent days. Potential BB(20,2) & BB(20,3) upper bound for SP tomorrow (10/18)
View attachment 254608 View attachment 254607

If you run the Bollinger bandwidth on Stockcharts, it looks like the bands are beginning to contract... implies a "squeeze" (not short squeeze) may be starting to develop. This would fit with the decreasing ranges.

Ok, ascending triangle fans:

10_18_triangle2.JPG

Does this mean,

1) Yay, breakout incoming tomorrow. We were above the buy area intraday and we see a 3 day move to the 375-385 area or
2) Hmm, we closed at 360, that important resistance point held so we just retreat back to the lower boundary of ~ 354. We break out another day.

• Helpful
Reactions: GoTslaGo
The MACD on the daily period just crossed above the Zero line today.

MACD Technical Indicator

"Traders also watch for a move above or below the zero line because this signals the position of the short-term average relative to the long-term average. When the MACD is above zero, the short-term average is above the long-term average, which signals upward momentum. The opposite is true when the MACD is below zero. As you can see from the chart above, the zero line often acts as an area of support and resistance for the indicator."

Read more: Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) MACD Technical Indicator
Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

I am going to get eye rolls in the general thread, but to my eye the triangle is still alive. I also suspect we/market just snap back tomorrow.

View attachment 254975
Look at those contracting BBs... I too do not get the TA hatred in the action thread. Part of me thinks @TrendTrader007 rubbed some established TMC members the wrong way. Kinda taking over their turf. Anyway... at least TT's not gone from TMC... yet.o_O

Reactions: GoTslaGo
I am going to get eye rolls in the general thread, but to my eye the triangle is still alive. I also suspect we/market just snap back tomorrow.

View attachment 254975

I have very similar thought/feel. We can absolutely snap back tomorrow. I believe that yesterday's run-up was due to insider info on M3 production progress. Today's roll back happened because of the overall Market uncertainty. Once market shows signs of stability, the same TSLA buyers would come back.

This is of course, just a personal speculation. We'll see what tomorrow brings

Look at those contracting BBs... I too do not get the TA hatred in the action thread. Part of me thinks @TrendTrader007 rubbed some established TMC members the wrong way. Kinda taking over their turf. Anyway... at least TT's not gone from TMC... yet.o_O

TA is one of several pieces to the puzzle of share price movement. While I can not speak for everyone, I do feel that many people, like me, do not fully understand it AND find that it is not infallible.

I read this thread and other comments on charts posted, not because I always believe the conclusions that people draw from TA/ head and shoulders, cups and handles, triangles and flags, but because there is a large group of people and programmed bots that do believe in them and thus can create a self fulling prophecy that will move the SP.

Reactions: austinEV
I think some long term investors hate TA because they fear the world will stop investing long term (which is how they make their money) and the market will become erratic based on TA and day trading.... so there is hatred for it.... which is ridiculous.

TA is a tool like all tools. You don't put everything on the line for the trade based on it without factoring in other things and being ready for it to be proven wrong. ALL forecasting methods are crushed (either way) by actual news.

Haters will hate.

Thanks for all your posts in the thread. They are part of my big picture.