Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Spring Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same for me. I use Teslamate(self hosted on a dedicated Pi) and recently started using Tessie. The data logging makes claiming business mileage expenses so much easier, as I can easily figure what drives in a particular time period where work trips and exactly how many miles to claim. I started using Tessie as Teslamate was going through some troubles with the original developer moving on and uncertainty about the new API.
i just get my mileage extract from Concur and happy days :D

Tessie certainly looks expensive for new subscribers. TeslaFi at US$50 per year per car now almost seems a good value. Teslamate has also been an excellent self-hosted option but I've found it quite fiddly and requires more management than my IT skills care to babysit. YMMV
I’ve just got it in docker containers that automatically update with watchtower. I’ve not touched it from an IT point of view since I span it up a year and a half ago roughly.

I’d love of course something with a proper mobile app but not at the price Tessie seems to have jumped to.

Reactions: KennethS
I agree that they’ve adopted this model at least when I’ve had the car. The pinch point is probably that it hasn’t scaled very well with hardware revisions, and I don’t just mean whole model revisions. More variations of hardware means increased likelihood of the code needing to be adjusted for those revisions. So more time ironing out those kinks.

I wouldn’t be surprised if each software version had multiple branches in their repo.

Tried it. Back on USS. Went to two car parks, the first had unmarked spaces and wasn’t offered auto park. The second, had clearly marked spaces and it didn’t offer to self park as I drove slowly past. It did offer when I selected reverse. So, I let it have a go in two different spaces, it cocked it up both times.

I believe it used to offer to self park as you were driving forward. Anyway, Elon can have my USS when he drags it from my cold dead hands.

Tried it. Back on USS. Went to two car parks, the first had unmarked spaces and wasn’t offered auto park. The second, had clearly marked spaces and it didn’t offer to self park as I drove slowly past. It did offer when I selected reverse. So, I let it have a go in two different spaces, it cocked it up both times.

I believe it used to offer to self park as you were driving forward. Anyway, Elon can have my USS when he drags it from my cold dead hands.
You know they’ve not shipped the new version here yet so your Autopark is the old one using USS.

Taken from the same spot on my drive.

Attachments

• IMG_1404.jpeg
    IMG_1404.jpeg
    367.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1405.jpeg
    IMG_1405.jpeg
    330.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Informative
Reactions: Durzel and Benotomy