Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will the FSD trial start rolling out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model Y is still stuck on 2024.8.9. Anyone else in the same boat?
My friend is. TeslaFi shows ~7% of cars still on 8.9 and less than 1% still on 8.7.
Tesla was rolling out 14.6 fast until they found the serious bugs with it and stopped it. If it hadn't been for those bugs I think everyone would be off it by now.
My friend had 14.6 ready to install but delayed installing as he was out of town and Tesla pulled it from his car before he got home to install it and start his free trial. Now he waits for 14.7 or whatever comes next.

Last edited:
Looks like 2024.14.7 is starting to roll out wider primarily going to those already on 2024.14.6, so that makes it seem like there was some urgent bug to fix for those already on that version and why the update was proactively pulled from vehicles that had 2024.14.6 pending.

Should be good news for those still waiting on 2024.8.x to get the free trial with 2024.14.7 as this should allow the rollout to resume soon.

My friend is. TeslaFi shows ~7% of cars still on 8.9 and less than 1% still on 8.7.
Tesla was rolling out 14.6 fast until they found the serious bugs with it and stopped it. If it hadn't been for those bugs I think everyone would be off it by now.
My friend had 14.6 ready to install but delayed installing as he was out of town and Tesla pulled it from his car before he got home to install it and start his free trial. Now he waits for 14.7 or whatever comes next.
24.8%
IMG_1856.jpeg

Ah, I see. I was looking at the wrong data then. I went to the "Latest Software Fleet Comparison" with the pie graph. But I guess that is a graph only for vehicles similar to mine with similar mileage and similar location. For those vehicles less than 7% are on 8.9 still. But now I see from your screenshot that fleet wide is much higher. Not sure if the Latest Software Fleet Comparison I was looking at would be more representative of North America as it wouldn't take into account EU/Asia/AUS which never had 3.25 and therefore had way more cars on 8.9 to begin with. The localized data shows 3.25 with 57% of the fleet still where as the entire fleet is 31.9% on 3.25 from your data page.

Not sure if the Latest Software Fleet Comparison I was looking at would be more representative of North America as it wouldn't take into account EU/Asia/AUS which never had 3.25 and therefore had way more cars on 8.9 to begin with. The localized data shows 3.25 with 57% of the fleet still where as the entire fleet is 31.9% on 3.25 from your data page.
The localized data is much more reasonable to look at in the context of FSD. Even though most vehicles using TeslaFi are from US/Canada, they're behind Germany and UK when looking at 2024.8.9 vehicle counts by country. While the current 4,954 total count / 24.8% of fleet is worldwide, focusing on just US vehicles that could even get FSD (HW3+) drops that down to 264 / 1.3%. Part of the reason why 2024.8.9's US numbers are so low now is that 1,661 / 8.3% have already moved to 2024.14.6 or 2024.14.7.

Reactions: arbitrage000