Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 X100D - Serious problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I needed a new steering rack in my '22 PY I mentioned that most forum users with the same issue needed a new steering column or rack, they ordered both before my appointment. I think it depends on the quality of the information provided. FWIW I do have a 2 year auto tech degree from the 70's,but never worked in the field.

Reactions: Odysseus007
Just to update this for the benefit of future readers, Tesla (eventually) was able to resolve this and it was really easy.

They ran a "low voltage circuit integrity check" which it passed, but then when they tested further they found a loose ground strap on the BCM. I'm glad my amateurish 'feels like a loose wire' diagnosis wasn't far from the truth!

embed

They then road tested it and it was fine. Total bill (which I didn't pay - the supplying garage did) was only about £300, which is hard to argue against.

As the Model 3 loaner on my driveway currently confirms, my Model X is now at a different service centre getting the other issues sorted, like the sliding middle row seat, the charge port sensor fault, and the inability to name the car. Here's hoping all this gets sorted easily and I can just enjoy the thing.

embed