Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model 3 Performance Announced - Discussion thread post announcement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is really very important to understand how quick the Model S LR is at higher speeds. It can do a 7.59 second 60-130 mph. That is great for a full size sedan that isn’t $150k+.

The Model 3 will never do that without two permanent magnet motors and a much bigger battery.
If we are into graph. I don't have access to a 2024 M3P, but last night I had a drive of a Taycan "Turbo". Gosh it was nice. Now I'm more keen on a Tesla Model S than a 3. Unfortunately that car is no longer available in Oz
C01E7914-A91A-4544-A539-0AF24417AC98.png

Reactions: Sellout and Adam3
If we are into graph. I don't have access to a 2024 M3P, but last night I had a drive of a Taycan "Turbo". Gosh it was nice. Now I'm more keen on a Tesla Model S than a 3. Unfortunately that car is no longer available in OzView attachment 1048988
I am not certain that a US based 2024 Model 3 Performance isn’t quicker than that. Hard to judge 0-100 kph vs 0-60 mph though.

I think a 100% stock US based Model 3 Performance will be able to match that time if the battery is optimized fully.
So do I, its only 0.22sec faster than my ROW 75%, cold battery 3.34sec to 100kph run.

I just looked up the price difference here in Australia, a Taycan Turbo with a couple of options is $360,000 lol. The M3P is $80900. A Bmw M3 XDriveComp is $200000.

You ain't getting faster for cheaper that's for sure.

Sorry for cross posting with the 18" wheel thread, but can anyone confirm whether the brake size changed between 2023 and 2024 highland performance 3?

Deciding between a LR and a Performance and the ability to run 18" wheels will be a factor in the decision.

Again, sorry if I missed it, but there is a lot of information to wade through here and search function isn't super helpful.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Sorry for cross posting with the 18" wheel thread, but can anyone confirm whether the brake size changed between 2023 and 2024 highland performance 3?

Deciding between a LR and a Performance and the ability to run 18" wheels will be a factor in the decision.

Again, sorry if I missed it, but there is a lot of information to wade through here and search function isn't super helpful.
I don't think anyone knows yet. I have a spare set of T Sportline 18 wheels just waiting to go on my 2024 when I get it. Unfortunately, it appears that mine isn't getting delivered anytime soon.

Only thing I've seen is that the brakes did not change, only the material of the pads.