Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Austin Built 24 MYP Quicksilver Delivery on 5/11/24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello community!

I pulled the trigger and ordered a 24 MYP in quicksilver on black coming out of Austin. Already sold my 23 MYP, which was awesome. One day on Cars.com and gone! Full asking. Back to the new MYP, excited to see the new color as well as the build quality, etc coming out of Austin. Will post some pics when delivered, which as of right now, is looking like the 10th or 11th.
Thank you for supporting Tesla during these difficult times.

• Funny
Reactions: Ostrichsak
I just don’t think air conditioned seats will be worth it…especially not in New England.

Its not one feature I absolutely loved in my S and Sonata. You wouldnt think it, but where I am in New England (South Coast of RI) is a swampy mess in the summer. Super humid, and sticky due to the ocean being in my backyard. That being said, Winters are cold and 30 degrees. I have had cooled seats in a few years and havent lost sleep though. Would be nice, but def not 100% needed.

Thank you for supporting Tesla during these difficult times.

giphy.gif

Hopefully delivery day went well!
Curious to hear your impressions on the color.

I similarly ordered a MYP in QuickSilver. No VIN yet - am checking the app frequently.
Happened to drive by a SC today and saw one outside in the lot (non-P) model so pulled in to check it out.

I think the color definitely can vary depending on the lighting conditions ; in today's overcast it did not wow me.
I still like the color better than the Stealth Grey or the Blue which were the other 2 colors I was considering so not unhappy with my decision but did feel a little disappointment.
Was expecting hoping for more a liquid metal look as the name implies.
Looked more like a flat medium grey (darker than I expected) but at certain angles you could see shades of other colors so did have depth even in bad lighting.
Car was parked right in between a Stealth Grey and Blue AWD Y so saw all 3 together.
I suspect a bright sunny day the color could completely transform into something else entirely.

Reactions: JaeTheDev
Hopefully delivery day went well!
Curious to hear your impressions on the color.

I similarly ordered a MYP in QuickSilver. No VIN yet - am checking the app frequently.
Happened to drive by a SC today and saw one outside in the lot (non-P) model so pulled in to check it out.

I think the color definitely can vary depending on the lighting conditions ; in today's overcast it did not wow me.
I still like the color better than the Stealth Grey or the Blue which were the other 2 colors I was considering so not unhappy with my decision but did feel a little disappointment.
Was expecting hoping for more a liquid metal look as the name implies.
Looked more like a flat medium grey (darker than I expected) but at certain angles you could see shades of other colors so did have depth even in bad lighting.
Car was parked right in between a Stealth Grey and Blue AWD Y so saw all 3 together.
I suspect a bright sunny day the color could completely transform into something else entirely.

Delivery went amazing! In and out, no issues at all. Everything "with spec" (LOL) without anything wrong at all. Thanks for the well wishes there, as it was heard!

The color 100% depends on the weather, sun, etc. When I got the vehicle, it was parked in doors, next to tons of other Teslas. The LED lighting showed it off well. Soon as I brought it out into the Providence overcast sky of yesterday, it was a bit dull grayish blue, but still fantastic looking to me. Today, 73 out and shining sun, it's stunning! I can totally see the "liquid" aspect to it. Excited to have this new color, and loving the interior in black, which is something I havent had in a Tesla since 2020.

I added a "Goodbye 23 MYP / Hello 24 MYP Quicksilver" video to my YT channel. Just uploaded so its still rendering to HD if someone sees it within 20 min of 5/20/24 1:30pm EST USA. Check it out in HD for a good look of the color in the LED lighting, and then the sun. Let me know your thoughts as well!

Delivery went amazing! In and out, no issues at all. Everything "with spec" (LOL) without anything wrong at all. Thanks for the well wishes there, as it was heard!

The color 100% depends on the weather, sun, etc. When I got the vehicle, it was parked in doors, next to tons of other Teslas. The LED lighting showed it off well. Soon as I brought it out into the Providence overcast sky of yesterday, it was a bit dull grayish blue, but still fantastic looking to me. Today, 73 out and shining sun, it's stunning! I can totally see the "liquid" aspect to it. Excited to have this new color, and loving the interior in black, which is something I havent had in a Tesla since 2020.

I added a "Goodbye 23 MYP / Hello 24 MYP Quicksilver" video to my YT channel. Just uploaded so its still rendering to HD if someone sees it within 20 min of 5/20/24 1:30pm EST USA. Check it out in HD for a good look of the color in the LED lighting, and then the sun. Let me know your thoughts as well!

Congratulations! Welcome to the Quicksilver family.

• Love
C

Congrats! Mine has been on the truck for a week. Still 1-3 weeks out supposedly. Wish I could see it in person. Keep going back and forth on whether I want quicksilver. Sounds like you're sold! Have you seen much color variation between dark/cloudy days and sunny? Keep the pics coming!
Thank you. We were out of town when it was sunny down here and lately it’s clouds and rain.. I’m waiting for a decent day to take sunny day pics and post them.

Im such a fan of matte and not gloss.... but damn the silver does look soooo good!
Hi @JaeTheDev, awesome buy and congrats and awesome video btw I actually watched it the other night before seeing this post! I also just pulled the trigger on the same 2024 Model Y in Quicksilver...picking it up later this week. I am also debating on stealth or keep it shinny (which from videos and pic looks phenomenal) with the gloss XPEL on the high impact areas....Did you decide yet? :)

• Love
Hi @JaeTheDev, awesome buy and congrats and awesome video btw I actually watched it the other night before seeing this post! I also just pulled the trigger on the same 2024 Model Y in Quicksilver...picking it up later this week. I am also debating on stealth or keep it shinny (which from videos and pic looks phenomenal) with the gloss XPEL on the high impact areas....Did you decide yet? :)

Thanks on the congrats and right back at you! Congrats on your soon-to-be yours MY! The video has been a huge success. Happy to see I've finally hit the YT algorithm! 16k views and 250 likes in under two days! WOAH! Leave it to quicksilver to be the answer! HA!

As for the XPEL, Im totally doing it. I went over to my wrap guys place and he put a sample on for me to see. Sold! I shared a few pics on my community tab of my YT channel but Ill share here as well. Pics do not do it as much justice as in person, but think "matte Cybertruck with flecks in it" for its finish with it on.

Thanks again for the view, like over there as well! Hope to see you around on YT as well! Make sure to share pics when yours is here also!

IMG_2372.jpeg

IMG_2373.jpeg

IMG_2374.jpeg

IMG_2375.jpeg

Reactions: Quicksvlr
I finally figured out my new quicksilver MYP's name. Huge news, I know! 🤣

Since my first Model 3 in 2019, I've always had "Breaking Bad" referenced names for my Teslas. Tuco, Ehrmantraut, Saul, Hank, Gus, with my last MYP's name being Walter. I wanted to keep with the theme, but was stuck on one I liked that wasn't used. So, I thought about it and Ive always had white interiors, and now I have black. Quicksilver should be referenced as well. So... Gray Matter is its name. If you get the reference to the show, along with the white and black meaning, you're a fan for sure.

Thanks on the congrats and right back at you! Congrats on your soon-to-be yours MY! The video has been a huge success. Happy to see I've finally hit the YT algorithm! 16k views and 250 likes in under two days! WOAH! Leave it to quicksilver to be the answer! HA!

As for the XPEL, Im totally doing it. I went over to my wrap guys place and he put a sample on for me to see. Sold! I shared a few pics on my community tab of my YT channel but Ill share here as well. Pics do not do it as much justice as in person, but think "matte Cybertruck with flecks in it" for its finish with it on.

Thanks again for the view, like over there as well! Hope to see you around on YT as well! Make sure to share pics when yours is here also!

View attachment 1049659

View attachment 1049660

View attachment 1049661

View attachment 1049662
Awesome... Decisions Decisions....Hmmm :cool:

Will definitely share some pics once I take delivery.

Any tips of the keys things to check before driving off? I've seen videos on this but every perspective and experience helps.

• Love
Reactions: Quicksvlr