Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge ports opens then closes immediately - won't open with external press.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't made a service appointment cause I usually find a way to open the charge port, but I have always had an issue with the charging door opening since I got the car back in 2021. Today I use every method to open it and it wouldn't work. (Screen, touching the charging door, app, and mobile connector). It makes a clicking sound like it wants to open but doesn't open physically tho in the app it says the charging door is open and shows that it's open on the screen. I have this issue now and then at home and usually have to walk away from the car let it go to sleep and reset it before I can open the door. This is after I have driven the car and have come home to charge it right away, never had an issue at a supercharger just at home.

We don't have mobile service in Edmonton so I would have to bring it in to the service center that's 45 mins down the road. Not sure if I need to or not or its just a bug in the software.
You can probably force it to open, but you should have it replaced before your bumper to bumper warranty expires.

I haven't made a service appointment cause I usually find a way to open the charge port, but I have always had an issue with the charging door opening since I got the car back in 2021. Today I use every method to open it and it wouldn't work. (Screen, touching the charging door, app, and mobile connector). It makes a clicking sound like it wants to open but doesn't open physically tho in the app it says the charging door is open and shows that it's open on the screen. I have this issue now and then at home and usually have to walk away from the car let it go to sleep and reset it before I can open the door. This is after I have driven the car and have come home to charge it right away, never had an issue at a supercharger just at home.

We don't have mobile service in Edmonton so I would have to bring it in to the service center that's 45 mins down the road. Not sure if I need to or not or its just a bug in the software.

Not a garden variety bug, otherwise it would be happening to everyone. You definitely have a fault somewhere. Best to have it fixed.