Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk Discussion - Tesla Brand Damage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Smart CEOs dont talk about politics publicly and you rarely hear about their personal comments about anything other than the Business that they are responsible for. They understand by doing so can hurt the brand.
Your comments are spot on. Speaking as a retired head of a small police agency I was taught (and learned) that voicing my views on subjects not directly related to my responsibilities was a losing proposition.

Rich

Your comments are spot on. Speaking as a retired head of a small police agency I was taught (and learned) that voicing my views on subjects not directly related to my responsibilities was a losing proposition.

Rich
Yeah! I wish Elon would just limit himself to what all the “Smart CEOs” do!

This is a very confusing threat. Give him more control and money or else he'll stop using Tesla's resources for stupid nonsense like AI or robots.

Decisions, decisions... what to do...
An article by electrick is based on sources familiar with that are social media. Fake and inflammatory.

• Disagree
Reactions: B@ndit and gt2690b
He did - after the first round of funding for Xai it is valued at $16 billion. Let’s see how many AI engineers get recruited away from Tesla for this new company, especially if the pay package fails the shareholder vote.

Ah. I get you. He creates this Xai company which is obviously a fraud and sees how many Tesla employees defect to it to weed out the deadweight. That's kind of clever actually.

Some folks from the former supercharging team are being asked to return to Tesla. If I were in their shoes there is no way in hades that I'd return.

The article says it's because of Elon's 5 Step Algorithm: The Musk Algorithm

The Teslarati.com article says "While Tesla’s efforts to rehire some members of the Supercharger team could easily be interpreted as an error brought about by an immature tantrum from Elon Musk, such a practice was actually highlighted in Walter Isaacson’s biography of the CEO"

I disagree with that statement and while the algorithm may have on its face some value, a seasoned Manager/Leader/CEO can figure out a way to still be true to their pet "algorithm" while still treating people with dignity and respect and not damaging things in the process. It's never good to have to make cuts in staff, compensation, or production, but the really good CEO's can find a way to do so in a way that shows that they care about the brand and the people and are in it for the long term success of all.

You don't cut off your arm when you get stung by a bee on your hand. If you do, you might find it pretty darn hard to reattach the arm when you figure out that you might have overreacted. Elon's stupid "algorithm" seems to assume that you simply reattach the arm in this circumstance, or worse yet, just reattach the hand and forget about the rest of the arm because the hand is the part that actually does most of the work.

What might be a better way to approach things? One option might be something like the Japanese term "Kaizen" which sort of translates to "change for the better or continuous improvement". Just because Elon comes up with a "magical 5 step algorithm" does not mean that it's the word of god. The algorithm is also not the perfect tool. Let us not forget that "if all you have is a hammer, then everything starts to look like a nail".

A good CEO would have seen the current state of things coming and would have begun action a couple of quarters ago by implementing controls on hiring and other cost control measures. Even a financial moron would know that high interest rates would have a substantial cooling effect on sales for not just Tesla but for other brands as well and would be a substantial but temporary roadblock in the path to the increased adoption of Battery Electric Vehicles.

Twitter/X is still a bot infested wasteland, just like it was before Elon purchased the company. He spent $44 billion or so on that turd of a company and look what it's turned into - the same thing it always was. I guess the 5 step algorithm didn't help at all.

In reality it is apparent that the 5 step algorithm is just his method to make processes more efficient. While efficiency in a company or in it's processes can be a good thing, it's sure not the be-all and end-all. If you value efficiency over everything else, then you may sacrifice more than you might imagine and end up with nothing. What does the 5 step algorithm say about the CEO himself? If the system was properly designed it would not need a CEO. it would be self diagnosing, self healing, and self improving. In simple terms what is called AI.

But we don't have AI. We have people and bureaucracy. When you try to apply AI to bureaucracy, you end up with chaos. When you try to apply Elon's 5 step algorithm to people instead of processes, you end up with chaos. Chaos and Entropy. Elon also references entropy from time to time like it's the key to the universe and he's on a one man crusade to eliminate it. It may be that he does not truly understand entropy. I know I sure don't. If you think you do, please take a look at this Wikipedia link and then come back and explain it to us.

It is painfully obvious that Elon is not a good person nor is he a good CEO. He might be intelligent, but that is debatable. It is obvious from his posts on Twitter that he is not a people person and does not respect those who are in some way different from him.

Elon is not god. Those who worship him like he is should instead consider therapy.

IMHO, Elon need to be removed as the CEO of Tesla and his Tesla pay plan need to be voted down and replaced by something reasonable.

Last edited:

Some folks from the former supercharging team are being asked to return to Tesla. If I were in their shoes there is no way in hades that I'd return.

The article says it's because of Elon's 5 Step Algorithm: The Musk Algorithm

The Teslarati.com article says "While Tesla’s efforts to rehire some members of the Supercharger team could easily be interpreted as an error brought about by an immature tantrum from Elon Musk, such a practice was actually highlighted in Walter Isaacson’s biography of the CEO"

I disagree with that statement and while the algorithm may have on its face some value, a seasoned Manager/Leader/CEO can figure out a way to still be true to their pet "algorithm" while still treating people with dignity and respect and not damaging things in the process. It's never good to have to make cuts in staff, compensation, or production, but the really good CEO's can find a way to do so in a way that shows that they care about the brand and the people and are in it for the long term success of all.

You don't cut off your arm when you get stung by a bee on your hand. If you do, you might find it pretty darn hard to reattach the arm when you figure out that you might have overreacted. Elon's stupid "algorithm" seems to assume that you simply reattach the arm in this circumstance, or worse yet, just reattach the hand and forget about the rest of the arm because the hand is the part that actually does most of the work.

What might be a better way to approach things? One option might be something like the Japanese term "Kaizen" which sort of translates to "change for the better or continuous improvement". Just because Elon comes up with a "magical 5 step algorithm" does not mean that it's the word of god. The algorithm is also not the perfect tool. Let us not forget that "if all you have is a hammer, then everything starts to look like a nail".

A good CEO would have seen the current state of things coming and would have begun action a couple of quarters ago by implementing controls on hiring and other cost control measures. Even a financial moron would know that high interest rates would have a substantial cooling effect on sales for not just Tesla but for other brands as well and would be a substantial but temporary roadblock in the path to the increased adoption of Battery Electric Vehicles.

Twitter/X is still a bot infested wasteland, just like it was before Elon purchased the company. He spent $44 billion or so on that turd of a company and look what it's turned into - the same thing it always was. I guess the 5 step algorithm didn't help at all.

In reality it is apparent that the 5 step algorithm is just his method to make processes more efficient. While efficiency in a company or in it's processes can be a good thing, it's sure not the be-all and end-all. If you value efficiency over everything else, then you may sacrifice more than you might imagine and end up with nothing. What does the 5 step algorithm say about the CEO himself? If the system was properly designed it would not need a CEO. it would be self diagnosing, self healing, and self improving. In simple terms what is called AI.

But we don't have AI. We have people and bureaucracy. When you try to apply AI to bureaucracy, you end up with chaos. When you try to apply Elon's 5 step algorithm to people instead of processes, you end up with chaos. Chaos and Entropy. Elon also references entropy from time to time like it's the key to the universe and he's on a one man crusade to eliminate it. It may be that he does not truly understand entropy. I know I sure don't. If you think you do, please take a look at this Wikipedia link and then come back and explain it to us.

It is painfully obvious that Elon is not a good person nor is he a good CEO. He might be intelligent, but that is debatable. It is obvious from his posts on Twitter that he is not a people person and does not respect those who are in some way different from him.

Elon is not god. Those who worship him like he is should instead consider therapy.

IMHO, Elon need to be removed as the CEO of Tesla and his Tesla pay plan need to be voted down and replaced by something reasonable.
I find twitter much more useable now than 4 years ago

Clearly, exactly the situation and how it should be resolved. Reasonable people would agree...

Reactions: Avatempest