Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I want to sue Santa Clara Tesla Service center for damaging my vehicle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a not so good talk with them today, I drafted a demanding letter. I am not sure what emails/ address I should use. Do you have any useful for this? I want to make sure I will deliver the letter to the correct recipient before pursue small court case.

Here is a summary:

In the month of April 2024, my vehicle, a Tesla Model X 2021 was subjected to an inspection that unveiled critical issues necessitating immediate attention. Specifically, the inspection revealed the following deficiencies:

• Notification of imperative tire alignment service.
  • Identification of visible rear axle seal leaks and a loosened bolt on the connection point at arm pivot & subframe.
  • Discovery of a mismatch in rear tire sizes.
These discerned malfunctions have been directly attributed to prior services conducted at the Santa Clara Tesla Service Center, bearing License Number: 285890, located at 2801 Northwestern Parkway, Santa Clara, CA 95051. On the date of February 14, 2023, my vehicle experienced a flat tire on the freeway and was assisted by a service representative named Mariana from Tesla Roadside Service. Mariana confirmed the need for rear tire replacement, specifying a size of 295/70-R17, with a repair cost of $121 and a replacement tire cost of $570 each. Subsequently, my vehicle was towed to the Santa Clara Tesla Service Center, whereupon I was advised to replace both rear tires, a recommendation to which I consented. Upon retrieving my vehicle, I was presented with a bill totaling $1147.

On December 7, 2023, my rear tire once again went flat after approximately 12,000 miles of driving. I went through the Tesla Roadside Service process again and had my vehicle's right rear tire replaced by Tesla Mobile Service. The total cost for the rear tire replacement service was $698, with Tesla Mobile Service installing a new tire sized 295/30R21. During my efforts to trace the root cause of the current malfunctions, I discovered that the Santa Clara Tesla Service Center had indeed replaced both rear tires with a smaller size (265/35-R21) than that recommended by the manufacturer. Consequently, the second replacement by Tesla Mobile Service directly led to the imbalance of my rear tires.

On the date of May 9, 2024, I diligently endeavored to address the concerns in direct discourse with the Santa Clara Tesla Service Center. During this interaction, I explicitly articulated my demands, which encompassed the following:

• A reimbursement to rectify the erroneous tire replacement, inclusive of any subsequent tire-related automotive services necessitated by said erroneous replacement.
  • A comprehensive diagnostic assessment and remedial intervention to rectify the present afflictions affecting my vehicle.
Regrettably, despite my earnest efforts to amicably resolve these matters, the desired redressal remains elusive. Therefore, I am compelled to escalate this matter to the next appropriate forum for adjudication.

I would file a complaint with the California Bureau Of Automotive Repair File a Complaint

They have a field office on Santa Teresa Blvd where you go in and ask questions.
As a general rule temper your expectations when it comes to involvement of consumer agencies from the state. If you want results be prepared to be your own best advocate. No one else, including consumer agencies, will advocate for you like you will so you need to be willing to put in the legwork. Take an all-of-the-above strategy to tackle this issue. Go with the BBB, the state BAR (bureau of automotive repair), Yelp, Google review, a free consultation with a lawyer, or anything that can shed light on your plight. With reviews be factual and don’t use profanity or greatly exaggerate your issue as that will be less effective.

I am in a somewhat similar situation with a solar company that has repeatedly messed up the install on my Tesla batteries. I’m nearing the finish line in getting my issues resolved but it took a lot of patience, fighting, researching, and overall being my own best advocate. Also, these companies, the one I’m dealing with and Tesla included, are on bare minimum skeleton crew for resolving issues and bare minimum budgets to pay for these resolutions so there is pressure to stonewall you or just drag things out until you give up. As most of us know this is likely by design and post-sale issue resolution is not Tesla’s priority so just be aware where you stand.