Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
W
There are ZERO in showrooms. Very few even have 1 to show. This conspiracy spin people like to add is nuts. Marketing departments MARKET. They don't need a marketing department to sign an nda and loan a car out for publication review. This is OLD model car sales. People need to stop rationalizing for when they ORDERED.
Wait you’re saying there’s zero CT in show rooms or zero M3P in show rooms because I’m fairly sure both of those are incorrect

There is actually a really easy answer to this question. If you qualify for the tax credit and you can pay cash then buying the new car is a MUCH better financial decision than leasing it. If you need a loan then even a ~6% interest rate with the tax credit will be a better financial decision than the lease.

The issue with the lease is that the interest rate is just dumb. It is the single worst lease interest rate I have ever seen. However, it automatically gets the tax credit regardless of vehicle price and income. The tax credit can offset the terrible lease interest. Plus the lease protects you against severe depreciation as Tesla inevitably lowers the MSRP.
That's not the only consideration. You have to look at the value of the car at that 3 year mark. If it's only worth $20k then owning it is STUPID. I am buying mine with cash because I think it'll be worth about $30k but it's a risk.

That's not the only consideration. You have to look at the value of the car at that 3 year mark. If it's only worth $20k then owning it is STUPID. I am buying mine with cash because I think it'll be worth about $30k but it's a risk.
I have always leased our cars but for the first time bought our 2021 M3LR as the lease numbers were terrible and the resale at the time was incredibly high. Well we all know how that changed. I’m leasing the M3P this time. Who knows what will happen to resale. The EV market is rapidly evolving. Plus we don’t qualify for the tax credit when purchased.

There are ZERO in any showroom that are to be delivered AND VERY few showrooms have either. There are literally 7 Mp3s in all of the USA showrooms. So there is ZERO INVENTORY waiting for Elon's release. This is a JOKE!
Mine just got one this week. (Las Vegas)
IMG_3499.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3500.jpeg
    IMG_3500.jpeg
    702.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3497.jpeg
    IMG_3497.jpeg
    512.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3498.jpeg
    IMG_3498.jpeg
    306.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3492.jpeg
    IMG_3492.jpeg
    465.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3495.jpeg
    IMG_3495.jpeg
    441.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3502.jpeg
    IMG_3502.jpeg
    420.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3508.jpeg
    IMG_3508.jpeg
    448.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3510.jpeg
    IMG_3510.jpeg
    344.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3519.jpeg
    IMG_3519.jpeg
    847.6 KB · Views: 5
I have always leased our cars but for the first time bought our 2021 M3LR as the lease numbers were terrible and the resale at the time was incredibly high. Well we all know how that changed. I’m leasing the M3P this time. Who knows what will happen to resale. The EV market is rapidly evolving. Plus we don’t qualify for the tax credit when purchased.
Leasing is the best way to protect yourself against resale value dumping. Tesla lease terms are very unfavorable, so it is a little different. Things like not letting you buy the car, etc. The rates have increased dramatically since the car launched so it's good for anyone that prequalified earlier

Leasing is the best way to protect yourself against resale value dumping. Tesla lease terms are very unfavorable, so it is a little different. Things like not letting you buy the car, etc. The rates have increased dramatically since the car launched so it's good for anyone that prequalified earlier
I agree. Looking at the used M3 and M3P price, they are pretty low right now.

It’s unlikely that it will be worth only $20k after 3 years. Getting the tax credit and not paying any interest will outweigh the benefits of the lease especially when the lease interest rate is 10%+.

If you get a loan but you qualify for the tax credit then the lease is closer to being reasonable but the loan will still work out better.

Reactions: Jangy
I waited a week to order (5/1). I know the price went up by $1000 but didn’t know they changed the lease rates. I don’t think they publish the residual but the money factor is particularly high on my lease terms. Do you know how much the lease numbers changed from day 1? Annoyed that I didn’t order right away but just wasn’t ready to decide that fast.

Kind of a shame keeping it inside and not being driven, tearing up the road!
Thanks for the pics though, it does look great! Any opinion on seat comfort of the P seats vs standard?
Seats are much better than stock they hold you in place. I also have a e92 M3 and they are very similar to BMWs sports seats minus the ability to move the bolsters in or out. I also had a 2020 m3p and its a huge difference.

Hey, it looks good in the passenger side. 50% ain’t bad! If we were talking baseball they’d be headed to the Hall of Fame!

I appreciate this forum. I got prompts to further my trade in and financing, but I know better after the education I’ve received here.
Hmm. What do you mean? I approved my trade in and lease terms. Should I not have done that?