Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those people who have said you're not only able to make the final payment, but you have made it, I'm curious.. Why the rush to hand over $50k+ to a company for something they likely haven't even built yet? Just seems like a lot of "give" on your part without any tangible benefit.
Not trying to take away anything from those who choose to. It is (was?) your money, just curious.

For those people who have said you're not only able to make the final payment, but you have made it, I'm curious.. Why the rush to hand over $50k+ to a company for something they likely haven't even built yet? Just seems like a lot of "give" on your part without any tangible benefit.
Not trying to take away anything from those who choose to. It is (was?) your money, just curious.
Its hype. Same reason digital games are preordered.

Reactions: jiren

For me, the final payment was what I owed after trade-in and down payment given my loan. For me that was only about $6k. I know I want the car and I figured the app was asking for it now so if I pay it, it's one less excuse they can use for a delay. Basically when I check the app, I make sure the button says "View". If it says "Continue", I just do whatever it asks since it tells you to do all your tasks to avoid delays.

I even did the trade-in offer and loan paperwork and I know there's a 95% chance both of those will expire before I take delivery and they'll have to be redone. Doesn't matter. Only takes a few minutes if it asks me to redo those. Again, I want to keep everything on my end "done" and I don't want it to look like there are open tasks that are waiting on my input.

I don't think those people actually paid. Did they send in a cashiers check? How did they "pay" the almost $50,000 and not know if it's paid or not. Just because they asked for your credit card number, doesn't mean you paid. You might have paid the $250 but not the full car yet.

Good question. I too would like to know why anyone would be motivated to make an advanced, full payment.
While I have the funds to make full payment right now, I choose not to because:
1. My sales advisor told me there is no benefit in making full payment upfront, because it does not make your order a priority and does not bump you to an earlier delivery, compared to paying on the actual delivery date with either your own cash or financing with a loan.
2. My personal thought is it is actually counter-productive to make an advanced full payment, because that would actually give Tesla LESS motivation to prioritize your order with an earlier delivery. You’ve given Tesla your money, so why would they want/need to rush a delivery for you? I would think Tesla would prefer to rush deliveries to buyers who have not yet paid (so Tesla can collect/receive their money). Just my 2cents, of course…

Reactions: eric135i
It appears that VINs are being assigned now. He said his location is Chicago. Seems legit as far as I can tell.

IMG_5488.jpeg

For me, the final payment was what I owed after trade-in and down payment given my loan. For me that was only about $6k. I know I want the car and I figured the app was asking for it now so if I pay it, it's one less excuse they can use for a delay. Basically when I check the app, I make sure the button says "View". If it says "Continue", I just do whatever it asks since it tells you to do all your tasks to avoid delays.

I even did the trade-in offer and loan paperwork and I know there's a 95% chance both of those will expire before I take delivery and they'll have to be redone. Doesn't matter. Only takes a few minutes if it asks me to redo those. Again, I want to keep everything on my end "done" and I don't want it to look like there are open tasks that are waiting on my input.
Every time they have to re-do the application, it's another hard inquiry on your credit, which lowers your score. With the uncertainty of when I will actually get the car, I'm waiting until I get a VIN assigned. I went by a showroom in Ft. Myers, while on a work trip, the other day just to see if maybe they had one, I could see in person (of course they didn't), and the Tesla rep even told me, don't do the credit app until you get assigned a VIN.

Every time they have to re-do the application, it's another hard inquiry on your credit, which lowers your score. With the uncertainty of when I will actually get the car, I'm waiting until I get a VIN assigned. I went by a showroom in Ft. Myers, while on a work trip, the other day just to see if maybe they had one, I could see in person (of course they didn't), and the Tesla rep even told me, don't do the credit app until you get assigned a VIN.

I wondered about that... but so far there have been no inquiries at all on my credit.

to all the users in socal, do any of you plan on switching to a/s tires or will you run the summer tires year round?
Year round, always.
I live in OC and only on a few coldest of winter nights it may drop to 35 degrees at the lowest. All winter there may be 3 or 4 nights where it will dip below 40.

Rain performance? When it rains i drive like grandma. Can't tell the difference in any tire so that's a non factor for me

Snow or ice? Nope, never. I won't be driving to the local ski resorts with this car so that's not a consideration.

No reason to run A/S tires unless someone can convince me they handle better, last longer, and are cheaper than a summer tire. Range is not so much an issue for me as i won't use this car for road trips.

For me, 3 considerations are: Price, stickiness level, treadwear life. In that order.