Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny how a few relatives of mine and a few friends that own M3 and MY Tesla's, when the discussion starts about me getting a new M3P, they then learn about the lack of stalks and they all then say " oh, i would hate that. Glad i bought one when i did. Good luck with that..." Really? That's a deal breaker with all of the other refresh improvements?

I learned to drive on a manual transmission and continued to drive one for months before driving an auto trans car. Sure, my left foot slammed to the floor thinking i needed to have the clutch in that first time starting the car. After that, our brain adjusts quickly. I figure the first time i take this car out, I'll be reaching one of my left fingers out to hit the non existant blinker stalk... Oh wait, I'm an ex BMW M3 owner, we don't use blinkers. ;)

Right but the media event was multiple days and seated maybe 50 a time? And there are maybe only 5 video reviews? I also think it's strange
Some of the reviewers were actually from countries outside of the USA. If you search on YouTube for the new M3P, you will get videos from people who came to the US from Thailand, China, Germany, etc.

Of note, I had no idea that Franz, lead Tesla engineer at the event, spoke German. And the reason I know is that he was interviewed by a German YouTuber who spoke to him in their native tongue and he was able to reply back in German!

Some of the reviewers were actually from countries outside of the USA. If you search on YouTube for the new M3P, you will get videos from people who came to the US from Thailand, China, Germany, etc.

Of note, I had no idea that Franz, lead Tesla engineer at the event, spoke German. And the reason I know is that he was interviewed by a German YouTuber who spoke to him in their native tongue and he was able to reply back in German!
I believe you are mistaken because it wasn’t Franz the lead designer but rather Lars the lead engineer that was interviewed in that YouTube video. I was impressed with his German as well! Did you happen to catch the part where Lars was talking tires and stated this car, the M3P, is a “sub-100 foot car in braking…99.something”? That’s a seriously impressive number!!!

I believe you are mistaken because it wasn’t Franz the lead designer but rather Lars the lead engineer that was interviewed in that YouTube video. I was impressed with his German as well! Did you happen to catch the part where Lars was talking tires and stated this car, the M3P, is a “sub-100 foot car in braking…99.something”? That’s a seriously impressive number!!!
Thank you. I stand corrected!

Reactions: jose3030 and JezzaE
sounds good to me. thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Bro. I'm on my third and there are a few different batteries. Until you get your research up to speed, keep it between 20 and 80%. I charge to 75 daily and it drops to about 45 with my use. Ideally, this battery likes 50% for health. For output power, the higher the SOC the more output you'll have but that is different.

Reactions: jiren
Any of the Denver guys had a chance to see if the lone tree showroom has one on display?
Haha I just parked at park meadows for some Mother’s Day shopping and said to my fiancé, “let me catch up on the thread see if any more vins have been assigned” then I see this message! I will stop at Tesla to take a look!

Yup...found this interesting too!

Haha I just parked at park meadows for some Mother’s Day shopping and said to my fiancé, “let me catch up on the thread see if any more vins have been assigned” then I see this message! I will stop at Tesla to take a look!
Yeah man let me know! I am on my 3rd new tesla, my first was ordered in the Park Meadows store. This one I just ordered online lol. Curious to hear if a local store knows when they'll be getting a demo for the M3P

Sorry. I neglected to reply to the second part of your post.

Yes. I did hear about the insane breaking distance that the new M3P has. Mike S is that it is related to the wider rear tires along with the track ready pads upfront that they will come with. Pretty amazing being that very few cars will be able to halt that much mass down to zero in such a short distance.

Got my VIN! There is hope! Delivery set for next Friday. VINs should be trickling in for everyone!
I got my VIN yesterday in the LA area as well. I'm unable to schedule delivery without Insurance first. Were you able to do so? I couldn't sign up for Tesla Insurance with the VIN provided and unable to do so with others like Progressive, AAA, Allstate, etc. None of them accept it as a valid VIN.

I got my VIN yesterday in the LA area as well. I'm unable to schedule delivery without Insurance first. Were you able to do so? I couldn't sign up for Tesla Insurance with the VIN provided and unable to do so with others like Progressive, AAA, Allstate, etc. None of them accept it as a valid VIN.

In CA you can use proof of insurance for your current vehicle, provided you have full coverage insurance currently and it doesnt expire soon (something like 60 days).

In CA your current insurance will cover you in the new car for a few days to give you time to add it to your policy. I dont know if there is a regulated amount of time, but you normally get somewhere between 5-10 days to add your new car to your policy.

Every new car I have bought out here in the past 20 years let me provide my current insurance card as proof of insurance, so you should just do that.

In CA you can use proof of insurance for your current vehicle, provided you have full coverage insurance currently and it doesnt expire soon (something like 60 days).

In CA your current insurance will cover you in the new car for a few days to give you time to add it to your policy. I dont know if there is a regulated amount of time, but you normally get somewhere between 5-10 days to add your new car to your policy.

Every new car I have bought out here in the past 20 years let me provide my current insurance card as proof of insurance, so you should just do that.
Correct. You can use your current policy to upload for the purchase.

Yes. I did hear about the insane breaking distance that the new M3P has. Mike S is that it is related to the wider rear tires along with the track ready pads upfront that they will come with. Pretty amazing being that very few cars will be able to halt that much mass down to zero in such a short distance.
Those pads were $800 when bought from the Track Pack part numbers with the last M3P. So, that's nice that they are preinstalled.

Reactions: JezzaE