Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny how July EDD folks are now trying to switch from black interiors to white interiors to try and get their date moved up, but it's not working.

I considered it this morning too, but I figured it wouldn't move the EDD up and I didn't want my kids messing up white seats.
Sometimes it might take a little time (few days?) for the EDD to get updated because of a config change. I've seen this happen before. So if these July EDD folks are expecting for an quick change of EDD, it may not happen right away.

Congrats! So excited for everyone getting VINs now.

As far as the lease goes, let’s just say I can’t get the tax credit without the lease. I ran the numbers and the depreciation would be too extreme for it to make sense to buy the car.

However, I want to be clear that the lease numbers are absolutely abysmal. My Money Factor is absolutely absurd but the extra $7,500 off I wouldn’t get otherwise just barely makes up for that interest rate.

My new car should cost me the exact same per month as my current 2022 Model 3 Performance but that will be FAR higher than people who qualify for the tax credit with a purchase.
Yep, same boat for me. I was looking to purchase this one but I don't qualify for the tax credit. Leasing is the better option this time around.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Funny how July EDD folks are now trying to switch from black interiors to white interiors to try and get their date moved up, but it's not working.

I considered it this morning too, but I figured it wouldn't move the EDD up and I didn't want my kids messing up white seats.
I was really on the fence between the two, went with black but the evidence of EDD gave me an excuse to switch. My current car has "silver/white" interior and its been fine. I think it worked because I and others didn't get the shift to July today. I hope I didn't just jinx myself. Lol

Reactions: hkarthik
I was really on the fence between the two, went with black but the evidence of EDD gave me an excuse to switch. My current car has "silver/white" interior and its been fine. I think it worked because I and others didn't get the shift to July today. I hope I didn't just jinx myself. Lol
yeah I heard that in some cars the white interior absorbs colors really quickly. LIke a new pair of unwashed jeans will immediately bleed into it.

I haven't read highland reviews of the white interior to know if it has that issue, but I didn't want to gamble. Plus my kids often pile into the car when they are very sweaty after sports practice, so I really felt like getting white was asking for trouble.

Do you know since when? My 2023 M3P came with HW3 The Y we got at the same time had HW4. That was in 2023 so maybe things have progressed. It would suck if the new M3P had older hardware.
Some of the December inventory 23 m3p in Orlando FL were all HW3 that I saw. I was looking at them with the discounts, but outdated hdw kept me from pulling the trigger...

Reactions: Jangy and P-Lo801
Went to try out the new seats in the plaid and the ludicrous. They look so similar but they feel completely different. The plaid seats are much wider and less bolstered on the legsn they are almost not sporty. Made for very large people.
IMG_9708.jpeg
IMG_9711.jpeg
IMG_9712.jpeg