Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe, for those of you saying you cannot edit, it is because you have completed the payment part (e.g., applied and approved for Tesla financing). Are there any of you who haven’t and still can’t edit?
I have not done any of the financing. I'm not going to do a hard credit pull until I have my VIN. And I cannot edit my design.

I have an EDD of July 26 - Sep 6 and mine also says you cannot edit design at this time.
I have an EDD of July 1 - Aug 12, and it let me go in and make changes (I didn't save them of course), I've gone through all steps and stopped at the finance paperwork. Of course, any changes I previewed (e.g. changing to white interior) launched the price over $55k. No intention of changing anything or risking the tax credit, just curious if I have a 'secret soon-to-be assigned VIN' or something like folks are talking about. I locked in April 24th, (RN12154*), blue exterior, black interior, out of Texas.

Reactions: arkhos
Sounds like Henry ford move. Any color you want as long as stealth grey. I get why they are doing it but will it hurt demand if you can't exterior customizatio? must have very high demand. Will make widget punching easy if they are alll the same.
You can get any color you want, you just have to pay for it. My guess is they are selling this thing at a lower cost than it's worth to allow people (and their pocketbook) to take advantage of the tax credit. In my view, it's generous. To add to that, it streamlines (as you reference) the production line to get them out the door and to us. It's really a win win. When the tax credit goes away, the cheapest model will be above $55k.

Reactions: Sandee3 and arkhos
Sounds like Henry ford move. Any color you want as long as stealth grey. I get why they are doing it but will it hurt demand if you can't exterior customizatio? must have very high demand. Will make widget punching easy if they are alll the same.

Their demand will be fine. Choosing from these mundane exterior colors isn’t exactly a high level of customization anyway.

What’s widget punching? Are you referring to the assembly line? Is the w supposed to be an m? Even worse lol.

I’ve debated my exterior color choice many times. I think am I am going to miss my MYP but I can’t wait for another year for the refresh and felt silly to buy exactly the same car.
Same here...first day order of our Multi Coat Red "Ruby", now 6 years old and still a gem! What do I fall for next? An Ultra Red M3P, again ordered on the first day (note April 23rd, 2018 is the day I joined the forum here) I'm thinking "Wild Cherry" might be an appropriate name as the color and performance are definitely on the wild side. After seeing my neighbor's new X in the Ultra Red there was no other color option. I would have chosen the white interior if it wouldn't have put me over the tax credit cap but it certainly isn't worth that extra 9 grand!

Well this might be exciting - checking my app for VIN several times a day and that page is now blank. My last car was born on a Thursday so I am speculating. It took two weeks to the day last delivery which would put it on the early side of delivery estimate 5/25-6/22. In Boston area M3P Stealth/Black

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Frustrating part to me, I ordered within the first hour of availability and chose the black interior because looking at all the frustrated LR orders with White interior being pushed back for months. I thought (clearly wrong) ordering the black interior would speed up my delivery time. Just checked and I’ve been on the EDD of May 28 thru June for several days.

Attachments

• IMG_0680.jpeg
    IMG_0680.jpeg
    279.8 KB · Views: 2
Frustrating part to me, I ordered within the first hour of availability and chose the black interior because looking at all the frustrated LR orders with White interior being pushed back for months. I thought (clearly wrong) ordering the black interior would speed up my delivery time. Just checked and I’ve been on the EDD of May 28 thru June for several days.
Stay strong. Black interior with the alcantara door jams is absolutely sick