Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So whether you ordered two weeks ago or two mins ago, you're getting the same EDD. Gotta love it

In all my time here (since 2018) watching various delivery threads, that tend to involve the same time of discussion going on in this one, I have yet to see any evidence whatsoever that tesla has any sort of formal "first ordered = first assigned vin" process.

In a general sense, what I have seen over the years is that vehicles in a general geographical area tend to be delivered around the same time, but whether someone ordered a long time ago or not doesnt appear to matter much. Not that I have seen anyway, but admittedly I dont following each of these threads super close.

Will share my tried and true cleaning tips after having white for 3 years: the very best results have come from a spray bottle with hot water + few drops of dawn dish soap. Spray, wipe with micro fiber and repeat using a little elbow grease if/ when needed. I also like CarGuys “super cleaner” for just a good detail but I normally use only the dawn soap.

Yep, the seats themselves are easy to clean, it's the white fabric on the sides of them that becomes horrifically dirty and almost impossible to clean.

Reactions: jiren
Today, we lift up in prayer all those who are waiting for their VINs to be assigned to their vehicle orders. We ask for patience and perseverance in this time of waiting, knowing that each VIN brings us one step closer to experiencing the fruits of our car loans.

Bless the hands and minds that assemble these vehicles, ensuring their safe and swift completion. May the process be smooth and efficient, free from black interior delays and EPA complications. Grant those waiting the joy of soon receiving the VINs to their new M3Ps, symbols of launching it from every traffic signal.

Amen.
Best post on this thread! Amen 🙏🏻

I just got a VIN! Wooohooooooo
Hope this means there’s a bunch going out. Southern California

Attachments

• IMG_7788.jpeg
    IMG_7788.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 6
In all my time here (since 2018) watching various delivery threads, that tend to involve the same time of discussion going on in this one, I have yet to see any evidence whatsoever that tesla has any sort of formal "first ordered = first assigned vin" process.

In a general sense, what I have seen over the years is that vehicles in a general geographical area tend to be delivered around the same time, but whether someone ordered a long time ago or not doesnt appear to matter much. Not that I have seen anyway, but admittedly I dont following each of these threads super close.
If I was Tesla and I had to decide who gets a car right away I would look at what city or area has the most number of orders for a configuration that I was making first. For instance if I had 6 orders for Red cars with white interiors all going to SoCal then I would put the first 6 on a truck and send them there regardless of when someone ordered them.

Now they certainly can put Model Y/X/S cars on a truck with one or two Model 3s but those initial shipments I would probably just look to ship them somewhere close all at once where there is high demand.

Reactions: hkarthik
If I was Tesla and I had to decide who gets a car right away I would look at what city or area has the most number of orders for a configuration that I was making first. For instance if I had 6 orders for Red cars with white interiors all going to SoCal then I would put the first 6 on a truck and send them there regardless of when someone ordered them.

Now they certainly can put Model Y/X/S cars on a truck with one or two Model 3s but those initial shipments I would probably just look to ship them somewhere close all at once where there is high demand.
If I was Tesla, I'd deliver to all the folks who are within 30 minutes of Fremont and willing to pick them up straight from the factory. People like me :p

So it appears all of these first cars have white seats. What happens if you ordered white seats but don’t get in the first batch of cars? Are they going to run out of white seats quickly and then delay the rest of the orders with white seats?
That's a bit of a daft question as none of us have any idea of their seat inventory or the amount of cars they are building. Although 99% of this thread is speculation so 🤷

Can anyone knows more about car manufacturing kindly explain why Tesla QC in the US has always been this bad? Couple things I can think of
1. Worker Skills? ( Giga Shanghai Seems to have better quality)
2. Machine Tolerance?
3. Cost more money to get all the panel perfectly aligned so they don't want to do it?

When I first heard Tesla QC& Panel issue 10 years ago, I think it is understandable because they are a new company. It's 2024 not 2014.......
US workers are lazy. They don't put their heart and soul in to it. As long as it passes, they don't give a crap.

Dubai. Looks like first delivery in UAE. I have the same external color with black interiors with no VIN so far. Black is definitely DELAYED and not getting produced in any of the factories. FML !
I’m sorry but as someone who has been waiting since January for a white interior, everyone needs to calm down with saying black interior is “delayed.” It hasn’t even been a month since the car was announced for gods sake.