Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking Brake Degraded and Automatic Vehicle Hold Disabled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 LR 2022 with only 8,400 miles and I have been getting the following alert errors on every other drive this past week.
EPBL_a179 Parking brake functions degraded
DI_a246 Automatic vehicle hold disabled

Has anyone recently had this issue or know what the solution was to get it to stop?

Opened a service request in the LA area but they have no appointments for a week. Over the service chat I requested a remote diagnostic, but it has been days without any update...

This is when the electronic parking brake is failing and the system can't promise that it engaged fully. You'll get this if you electrically unplug one or both parking brakes. So it could just be a loose connector, but one of your calipers may be failing internally.

There are two independent calipers, so the car is unlikely to roll away, but I wouldn't park it on a steep hill for now.

This is when the electronic parking brake is failing and the system can't promise that it engaged fully. You'll get this if you electrically unplug one or both parking brakes. So it could just be a loose connector, but one of your calipers may be failing internally.

There are two independent calipers, so the car is unlikely to roll away, but I wouldn't park it on a steep hill for now.

Car just came back from service and you were correct, they did end up replacing the RL EPB and the LH Rear Brake Caliper

Model 3 LR 2022 with only 8,400 miles and I have been getting the following alert errors on every other drive this past week.
EPBL_a179 Parking brake functions degraded
DI_a246 Automatic vehicle hold disabled

Has anyone recently had this issue or know what the solution was to get it to stop?

Opened a service request in the LA area but they have no appointments for a week. Over the service chat I requested a remote diagnostic, but it has been days without any update...
Happening to my new 2024 LR model 3. They say it’s a firmware fix that they still haven’t sent yet