Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side Cameras appear purplish in color 2022 Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022 Model Y
Recently while using turn signals the side camera images appear purplish. This purplish image varies and it sometimes ‘clears’ up on its own.
anyone experience this?
Should I bring to SC?

Thank you!

I have this problem on my left side fender camera after the latest update. It won’t happen in the morning or evening time. It’s probably due to the heat issues. It just happen on the left fender camera. All other cameras are working properly. I was thinking for a service request. Sometimes is more worse. 2023 model y hw 3.0
IMG_1757.jpeg

Reactions: WyoDude
With the latest update all of my cameras are remarkably clear now. I wonder if there are any hardware issues afoot, or if it's just a bug currently. Tesla has now proven that these side repeater cameras can look clear with correct color accuracy, and it doesn't require a hardware change.

Right side works perfectly. Left side sometimes with purple color. If it’s not a bug, it must be a hardware issue. There is one guy on youtube post a video with the same issues like I had. Maybe just a software bug. I hope a future update can fix it, if not i will bring in for a service.

Yes that’s exactly how my side cameras appear, seems to happen when the sun is out and shining bright. Spoke to a trusted Tesla service tech about it and he pulled up a bulletin that they are aware of this and was caused by the latest software update, and requires no fix at this time.

2022 Model Y
Recently while using turn signals the side camera images appear purplish. This purplish image varies and it sometimes ‘clears’ up on its own.
anyone experience this?
Should I bring to SC?

Thank you!
I’m having the same issue after the latest update but with my right repeater

The 2023.32 updates include an improvement to camera rendering which improves quality, I’m assuming this is a bug in the update. I plan to wait for an update. I’m pretty sure the SC can’t do anything about this
80C53D03-94A1-4903-9BEB-469E5B90E3A3.jpeg

Mine is not that bad, however I did notice that the purple hue really only happens when it’s very sunny out, not sure if anyone else noticed that.

Here are some of my pics

Attachments

• IMG_7898.jpeg
    IMG_7898.jpeg
    374.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_7901.jpeg
    IMG_7901.jpeg
    351.8 KB · Views: 92
Looks a bit like a picture from a full-spectrum digital camera without a hot mirror filter to cut the IR. Maybe the HW4 cameras added a hot mirror that is reflecting some red as well, hence the red cast when viewed externally.

Looks a bit like a picture from a full-spectrum digital camera without a hot mirror filter to cut the IR. Maybe the HW4 cameras added a hot mirror that is reflecting some red as well, hence the red cast when viewed externally.

It’s happening on HW3 vehicles

I noticed my 2020 (with HW 3) camera images were improved with an recent update. My cameras used to lack blue (Veery red/yellow). Now with update they look well balanced with colors (more blue). My guess is the update was meant to enhance older camerays such as mine, and newer cameras were negatively impacted. Perhaps they need to differentiate update/filter based on which cameras you have.

I noticed my 2020 (with HW 3) camera images were improved with an recent update. My cameras used to lack blue (Veery red/yellow). Now with update they look well balanced with colors (more blue). My guess is the update was meant to enhance older camerays such as mine, and newer cameras were negatively impacted. Perhaps they need to differentiate update/filter based on which cameras you have.
This is what I experienced as well. I just figured the improvements to color correct the repeaters has a bug that is causing this