Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Arvada, CO - W 56th Ave

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 1047858

The accessible spot concrete is done. No transformer or additional SC stalls or cabinet installed yet. Site looks like not much is actively happening atm
Looks the same as last weeks photos, just that the concrete has dried/cured, I don’t think any additional work has been done.

There won’t be additional stalls at this time. Permit is for 8 with expansion later. The post on the left (2A) will be removed from the PSU and placed onto the conduit stub in the ADA cutout and the stalls will be restriped according to the plans. The right portion of that current middle stall will be an ADA crosswalk coming towards the camera.
IMG_2068.jpeg

The ADA crosswalk is going to connect to the sidewalk of the Residence Inn Arvada Denver West by Marriott, which Google Maps still doesn't show in either map view or satellite view (though a slightly misplaced hotel marker is now showing up where the new parking lot is). It's interesting because Google Maps Street View shows the construction of the Residence Inn in August 2022. It took Google Maps 2 years to add a major 4-way intersection after I submitted it to them back in 2008, so who knows how long it will take them? Sad that the Residence Inn links to Google Maps, which doesn't even show their hotel.

Time to add it to OpenStreetMap, which at least does have updated parking lot mapping but no Residence Inn yet and some trees where the hotel now is.

Last edited:
Though it's still over a year out of date, Apple Maps via DuckDuckGo has more recent satellite imagery that shows construction in the area. That's consistent with recent info that Apple Maps has been buying more satellite imagery than Google Maps, at least from a certain commercial satellite company.

2024,0520_ArvadaCO_SuperchargerConstructionLocation_AppleMapsViaDuckDuckGo-Satellite.jpg

2024,0520_ArvadaCO_SuperchargerConstructionLocation_AppleMapsViaDuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I didn't mean the parking spots themselves but the conduit stubs. Will they do anything to *help* prevent people from walking on or kicking the conduit stubs (and possibly cracking them). The SC stubs are short but the L2 stubs are over a foot long. Maybe put a little cover on them.
Hmm, the fact that the bases are in would point towards them being installed now. Usually when things like that are in a permit as Phase 2, they don’t get built during Phase 1. The permit lists them as a separate S.O.W. (scope of work) so for them to be built out means that permit also has to be active. Since the phase 1 stalls were PSU they came right away. The other equipment may be in he pipeline and will show up soonish.