Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bastrop, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐
that would be a major shift for Buc-ee's if this really is a supercharger. Their business is to discourage folks from hanging around - just try finding seating other than a toilet in one of their stores ;)
If not Superchargers it's possible that the Bastrop, TX and New Braunfels, TX permits are for solar installations due to the designer addresses relationships with solar.

However, the Tenant Name Kristi Jones appears on a number of Tesla permits for Superchargers.
Here's her LinkedIn profile:
The job description she gives is: "Project Developer - Charging Infrastructure at Tesla".

that would be a major shift for Buc-ee's if this really is a supercharger. Their business is to discourage folks from hanging around - just try finding seating other than a toilet in one of their stores ;)
Maybe Tesla told them that these will serve all the new Tesla employees in Austin, and they'll have so little free time, they won't hang around any longer than they need to charge.

• Funny
Reactions: Darmie and RTPEV
If not Superchargers it's possible that the Bastrop, TX and New Braunfels, TX permits are for solar installations due to the designer addresses relationships with solar.

However, the Tenant Name Kristi Jones appears on a number of Tesla permits for Superchargers.
Here's her LinkedIn profile:
The job description she gives is: "Project Developer - Charging Infrastructure at Tesla".
Hopefully these are for superchargers. You do bring up a very good point, a few of these filings just have 'electrical infrastructure' for scope of work, which could mean solar panels although at 350 ft² for some of these, I doubt that would make a dent for the power requirements of some of these locations.

Del Valle - Valero/Bread Basket - GPD Group - 1800 ft²
West Lake Hills - Endeavor Real Estate Group/HEB - GPD Group - 1800 ft²
Abbott - Abbott's Travel Center - GPD Group - 700 ft²
Hutto - HEB - GPD Group - 350 ft²
Bastrop - Buc-ee's - Paulicon Corp - 350 ft²
New Braunfels - Buc-ee's - Tesla, Inc - 350 ft²

Unfortunately these are all slated for Q3/Q4 2022 and most of these can't be attributed to a location in Tesla's find us map so it will be a while before we know.

as far as i know no charger of any type at ANY Buc-ee's
YES! I’ve talked to several Buc-ee’s managers about installing chargers, discussed differences between Superchargers and L2 etc. and I’ve submitted a request for superchargers at their website, pointing to the Tesla site request webpage.

I don’t know if my contribution had any effect but I’m pleased to see something happening with them.

I just pointed out this first (?) Buc-ee’s SC location to my wife and she said that “oh yeah they’re adding chargers to their new location in Kentucky”. I can’t find any info on that, and if so, don’t know if any chargers are Tesla Superchargers.

Here's hoping that Buc-ee's sees the value Tesla chargers can bring to their business. Most of their new locations have plenty of real-estate where chargers can be added. I for one meet at Buc-ee's with other car groups and this would be nice to be fully topped off before we head out for a drive. We're always buying snacks and coffee when we stop there.

No way do I know for sure if it has anything to do with Tesla but I thought this was interesting. Driving through here today so thought I'd look and I see 8 parking spots blocked off. Zero signs of any work but? Maybe? Hopefully?!
20211030_110105.jpg

Hopefully these are for superchargers. You do bring up a very good point, a few of these filings just have 'electrical infrastructure' for scope of work, which could mean solar panels although at 350 ft² for some of these, I doubt that would make a dent for the power requirements of some of these locations.

Del Valle - Valero/Bread Basket - GPD Group - 1800 ft²
West Lake Hills - Endeavor Real Estate Group/HEB - GPD Group - 1800 ft²
Abbott - Abbott's Travel Center - GPD Group - 700 ft²
Hutto - HEB - GPD Group - 350 ft²
Bastrop - Buc-ee's - Paulicon Corp - 350 ft²
New Braunfels - Buc-ee's - Tesla, Inc - 350 ft²

Unfortunately these are all slated for Q3/Q4 2022 and most of these can't be attributed to a location in Tesla's find us map so it will be a while before we know.
No worries on the timeline. It's going to take that long for current orders see a EDD sooner.