Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Scarborough, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tdreamer

Plaid Supercharger
Supporting Member
Sep 10, 2017
Bedford, Massachusetts
Tesla will be building a 12 stall supercharger at the Fairfield Inn with an address of 2 Cummings Rd, Scarborough, ME 04074. The project came before the planning board and was approved October 10, 2023.

1709172840189.png

1709172952248.png

You can see in the background in the first of your photos that there is still an empty pad where a transformer will go.
Transformers are there today (Memorial Day), but looks like some heavy-duty wiring is pending. Those parking spaces are all filled up with random ICE cars. The Fairfield Inn has limited real estate, and parking is not plentiful. There is adequate parking around back, but that is not evident to new visitors, who see only the front-side parking. The new row of chargers takes a notable chunk out of their available paved area. I predict long-term issues here. I don't know how that will be policed. I suspect the Inn personnel are not eager to get into it.

It is not so easy for an out-of-towner to find and is only partly visible from the street. Sharp turn-in is required near a busy intersection, and coming from the Turnpike or from I-295, you wil l have to make a sharp left turn across three lanes. If you miss it, just keep going to Target driveway, and turn around. It is much easier to enter from the north.

I was hoping for MagicDock, for my EV owner friends. But no. Standard V3 chargers.

It looks like all the "heavy lifting" has been done. Encouraging to see this progress, now that the supercharger team has been gutted.

Transformers are there today (Memorial Day), but looks like some heavy-duty wiring is pending. Those parking spaces are all filled up with random ICE cars. The Fairfield Inn has limited real estate, and parking is not plentiful. There is adequate parking around back, but that is not evident to new visitors, who see only the front-side parking. The new row of chargers takes a notable chunk out of their available paved area. I predict long-term issues here. I don't know how that will be policed. I suspect the Inn personnel are not eager to get into it.

It is not so easy for an out-of-towner to find and is only partly visible from the street. Sharp turn-in is required near a busy intersection, and coming from the Turnpike or from I-295, you wil l have to make a sharp left turn across three lanes. If you miss it, just keep going to Target driveway, and turn around. It is much easier to enter from the north.

I was hoping for MagicDock, for my EV owner friends. But no. Standard V3 chargers.

It looks like all the "heavy lifting" has been done. Encouraging to see this progress, now that the supercharger team has been gutted.
It’s possible it could get MagicDock - I think that has typically been retrofitted by Tesla for most sites that have it.

Reactions: kayak1

NEVI will add 2 sites in Portland, and there's an ElectrifyAmerica at the Scarborough Walmart. Everybody else will be well covered.d
Not much point in adding new Magic Dock in such an isolated hotel location with the NACS changeover coming.

N1 is a future NEVI that will replace the 1 50kW EVGo at the Hannaford with the V2 SC.
N2 is another future NEVI.
The marked EVGo location has 2 x 100kW and 1 x 350kW
The EA is the typical 2 x 150kW 2 x 350kW and the one next to it is a bogus entry.
The other unmarked are single and/or low power.

1716829799975.png