Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time to replace upper-control arm ball joints

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my Meyle HD upper control arms and had time to get them installed yesterday. See the following linked post for pictures and details:

My wife’s 2018 Model 3 is now experiencing the squeaking after the ball joints were resealed last year. Has anyone tried the Moog upper control arms? Moog has traditionally been a good brand for suspension parts. $58 each on RockAuto.

Left front: RK623788
Right front: RK623789

Reactions: Adam3
My front passenger control arm started squeaking again after being replaced ~2 years ago. I'm out of warranty so was contemplating just greasing it up but made a service appointment anyway. Incredibly pleasantly surprised. They replaced both sides for only the cost of parts and completed the work within a couple hours of me dropping the car off! Final invoice:

View attachment 815019

View attachment 815020
Hi bedoig, what was your estimate before your visit? I have same issue, but after service request SC gave $668 estimate for that service.

I've got the Meyle front and rear end links and so far they are superb. OEM+, HD and designed as OEM parts should be.
When the time comes to replace the FUCAs, these will offer an interesting alternative to the meh OEM parts.
Do you still have these end links? How are they holding up?
Why did you replace them in the first place? I’m trying to chase a bouncing/clunking sound.