Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK FSD Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not really been following this. Are self driving cars supported by all parties or actually they are a right wing idea? šŸ˜‰

To make washup a bill has to reach royal assent by the end of today. That's actually quite a high bar and bills nobody was really opposed to didn't make the cut. I'm not sure enough people care about self driving cars for it to even be considered.

To make washup a bill has to reach royal assent by the end of today. That's actually quite a high bar and bills nobody was really opposed to didn't make the cut. I'm not sure enough people care about self driving cars for it to even be considered.
In case you missed it, Automated Vehicles Bill already received royal assent on Monday. It is now known as Automated Vehicles Act 2024. But the earliest is still for 2026

Reactions: Bouba
I was repying to the above and subsequent conversation which I take to be a different, later bill than the one passed this week.
I donā€™t think there is a ā€œdifferent, laterā€ bill - only an ā€œactivation dateā€ for the current bill.

Plus I can absolutely guarantee you that none of this is going to start being activated until enough manufacturers actually lobby for activationā€¦and that is going to take a while.

2026? Nope.