Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y RWD battery chemistry?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
52 kw all the way to 88%
1000005276.jpg

It's wrong. All Model Ys sold in the US currently use non-LFP 2170 cells. Some Model Ys used non-LFP 4680 cells earlier this year.
It was a smart move by Tesla to switch the MY RWD models to the 2170 cells that have been tested thoroughly if they were not going LFP because the Gen 1 4680 cells were known to have slow and bad charging curves and Tesla was already quickly moving onto the Gen 2 4680 "Cyber" cells that are being used for the Cybertruck which from what I have read are better and fixes the problems that plagued the Gen 1 4680 cells. I think Tesla wants to just stop producing the Gen 1 4680 cells and simplify their supply chain with just 2170 cells for all non-Cybertruck and M3 RWD vehicles for the time being until technology improves.

Reactions: CobaltLights
Only super charger in the entire state.... usually about an hour wait...

Superchargers currently open in Hawaii:
  • 6-stall location in Aiea. It is almost always full 24/7. Prices range from 27-64¢/kWh depending on the time of day.

Superchargers currently under construction in Hawaii:
  • 12-stall location in Honolulu
  • 4-stall location in Lana'i City

Superchargers currently permitted for construction in Hawaii:
  • 8-stall location Kaneohe
  • 12-stall location in Kahului

Despite the high cost of electricity, Hawaii has the second-highest number of EVs per capita...and the lowest number of charging stations per EV in the country.

Only super charger in the entire state.... usually about an hour wait...
Okay, I don't care if there were a thousand.

52kW is not what you should be expecting at a 250kW Supercharger,

Wait a sec, 88%? No wonder there are long lines, you shouldn't be charging above 80% at a Supercharger, and you should be starting at 50%.

If you want speed, you would charge from 5% to 50%. That takes probably a third of the time that 50% to 90% takes.

Okay, I don't care if there were a thousand.

52kW is not what you should be expecting at a 250kW Supercharger,

Wait a sec, 88%? No wonder there are long lines, you shouldn't be charging above 80% at a Supercharger, and you should be starting at 50%.

If you want speed, you would charge from 5% to 50%. That takes probably a third of the time that 50% to 90% takes.
I mentioned that it was the only supercharger on island because you questioned if I was at an actual supercharger

I charged above 80 because one of the earlier posts asked someone to do it and post their results. And the lines are long because there are 6 stalls for thousands of cars not because of a one off situation.