Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BP Pulse Network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

moa999

2020 3 SR+ MSM
Mar 4, 2020
Sydney, AUS
BP has announced a deal with Tritium for 1000 chargers across UK, Australia and NZ.

Doesn't seem to be attached to any government funding.

That would be my assumption.

But in the UK, BP also has chargepoints outside petrol stations, having bought the largest independent network in the UK in 2018

I would expect petrol stations that have convince such as a fast food and coffee shop attached on long haul routes and various suburban locations. Longer term, I would expect smaller petrol stations to close, which TBH, has been a trend for a while now. I can think of a BP that is not so far from me in Ringwood Victoria that would be perfect. Its a modern station, with small built in cafe and plenty of room to allow installation of chargers and battery storage.

Reactions: Hairyman
Hopefully they concentrate them where they will be most useful.

2 units at spread across every BP in the suburbs where everyone already has off street parking is not as useful as 10 units at every BP in the inner cities, and along the Hume Sydney - Melbourne (Marulan anybody?)

(Marulan anybody?)
Oooh just noticed they had big truck stops on both sides. That would be ideal.

Someone on either here or FB commented a few months ago that they were at Marulan (or maybe Sutton Forest) and overheard a conversation between staff and presumably some engineers/vendors about charging installation. (But it's been so long that convo might not even be relevant anymore, assuming my recall was accurate!)

Oooh just noticed they had big truck stops on both sides. That would be ideal.

Someone on either here or FB commented a few months ago that they were at Marulan (or maybe Sutton Forest) and overheard a conversation between staff and presumably some engineers/vendors about charging installation. (But it's been so long that convo might not even be relevant anymore, assuming my recall was accurate!)
I stop at Phesants Nest South bound fairly regularly and would know If anything is happening. It has changed hands twice recently so it may be struggling financially.
The hole in the car park continues to get worse. 😡

• Informative
Reactions: Vostok
Found this on the BP website. They're partnering with Evie:

bp Evie Networks locations​

• bp Northpoint – 1 Scanlon Dr, Epping VIC 3076

Opening soon​

• bp Caroline Springs – Western Highway, Caroline Springs Blvd, Caroline Springs VIC 3023
  • bp Ashfield – 580-586 Parramatta Rd, Croydon NSW 2132
  • bp Kingston – 77 Canberra Ave, Kingston ACT 2604
  • bp Caringbah – Captain Cook Dr and, Cawarra Rd, Caringbah NSW 2229
  • bp Bowen Bridge – 44 Bowen Bridge Rd, Herston QLD 4006

Northpoint (Epping) is an Evie 350 kW site and Caroline Springs is within range of one of their proposed 350 kW regions too.

No idea about the others, but they're all within capital cities where Evie has Future Fuels funding.

Not sure if this means their "100 charging stations" aren't 100 new stations and just means they are hosting 100 stations previously announced by others?