Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chevy Bolt - 200 mile range for $30k base price (after incentive)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How much earlier did GM announce the Bolt than when Tesla announced the M3?[/QUOT
5) It's still a GM! ;)

Not sure why you are looking side ways at this. Recently, GM had more first place quality wins at JD Power, than Toyota. It will be interesting to contrast Model 3 build quality against the Bolt. The Model X launch certainly was not encouraging.

Is it the $5 less than the price they had been stating all along? Quite the over-delivery....

I think more people would have been impressed to have DCFC standard, and not have to pay a premium for active safety features...

I was hoping for it to come with the glovebox stuffed with $37,500 in cash.

Just curious. How much Active Safety comes in a Model S 60 2wd, no AP, no options, at $67,200 MSRP (includes dest/doc) compared to other $67k 2wd 5 seat sedans?

Unfortunately, I can also attest that, while we love our S, it's had more problems than any car we've bought in decades.
I love my Tesla too....however I have received strong resistance to the comments you guys are making. Its almost like any adverse Tesla comments - even if they are true - are like forum kryptonite.

Bolt should have Nissan and BMW very much afraid. Imagine what you'd have to do to convince yourself to buy a Leaf, or an I3 now. GM would love to think it's built something to worry Tesla. I don't think it has, because in the end, this Chevrolet is still a compliance design. Nobody is going to come up when you pull in and say (or think), "That's an awesome car". As they do, for all the build quality issues, with the S and the X. A lot of that will rub off on the Model 3 unless Tesla really screws the pooch on delivery date and quality. And remember, having more EV's on the road is always better than having fewer.
Robin

I was hoping for it to come with the glovebox stuffed with $37,500 in cash.

Just curious. How much Active Safety comes in a Model S 60 2wd, no AP, no options, at $67,200 MSRP (includes dest/doc) compared to other $67k 2wd 5 seat sedans?

Not sure why that matters in a discussion about the M3... Elon stated it would come with active safety features standard, GM is offering it as an added option to their highest trim level.

GM first showed a Bolt EV concept car in January 2015 and then announced a product version and showed it in full form with many keys specification numbers in January 2016. The Model 3 prototype car was revealed in late March 2016.
As it relates to the pricing subject, Tesla had been talking $35k since 2013 before the Model 3 even got a name:
Elon Musk: $35,000 - 200 Mile Tesla Coming In 3-4 Years. Model S Refresh Around 2015, New Model In 2018 (w/video) - Inside EVs