Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cyber(nota)truck even more Not a truck than I first thought

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, you’re saying, “…if Elon took a hard right turn, Franz would have a broken neck, afterwards”?
he just knows how to "make" what his master wants.
All the S3XY are "looked at" by Tesla lovers as though they are visual works of art.
I love women with a lazy eye. I find them super attractive.
And it has nothing to do with dating and living with a girl who had the condition. She was very talented. And Hers only became apparent if she was drunk or tired and wanted to go to bed.
Now this dog hears bells and starts slobbering every time he sees a lazy-eyed girl.

“In the recent TSLA earnings call, Tesla executives shared that Cybertruck 2024 builds will be sold out soon. The comment hints at Tesla’s progress with its Cybertruck production ramp.

At the recent earnings call, a few TSLA investor questions centered around the Tesla Cybertruck and its production.

Retail investor Nermin S. asked about the Cybertruck order and the queue for the all-electric pickup. The investor also asked about Tesla’s timeframe for fulfilling existing orders.

“First of all, I want to thank all the Cybertruck reservation holders for their patience. The reservation-to-order conversion rate so far has been very encouraging. If the trend continues [as it very likely will] we will soon [sell] out all the builds in 2024. And also, you know, we have new orders coming after the launch.”

Tesla Cybertruck 2024 production builds to be sold out soon — TESLARATI

“In the recent TSLA earnings call, Tesla executives shared that Cybertruck 2024 builds will be sold out soon. The comment hints at Tesla’s progress with its Cybertruck production ramp.

At the recent earnings call, a few TSLA investor questions centered around the Tesla Cybertruck and its production.

Retail investor Nermin S. asked about the Cybertruck order and the queue for the all-electric pickup. The investor also asked about Tesla’s timeframe for fulfilling existing orders.

“First of all, I want to thank all the Cybertruck reservation holders for their patience. The reservation-to-order conversion rate so far has been very encouraging. If the trend continues [as it very likely will] we will soon [sell] out all the builds in 2024. And also, you know, we have new orders coming after the launch.”

I was looking for more production specifics like when the non foundations series production would begin. For now it sounds like they have enough 4680s for CT production at the expense of other Tesla models. But what about the improved 4680s status and production? What about actual CT daily production rate?

Also most CT reservation holders are waiting so not sure how they can say the reservation to order conversion rate is 'very encouraging.' There are reports of RN holders at the ~100k pseudo waiting list position being offered a foundation series with the current estimated CT production rate maybe at 10 CTs/day per Joe T.

Last edited:

This is the kind of crap Tesla needs to stop. Tesla is speaking like they should be hiring ol' what's his name from Nikola any day now.

"Thanks for your patience" Means we appreciate those of you that are fanboys and didn't point out how we sucked Butt.

"so far has been encouraging" Means absolutely nothing. There is nothing in that statement at all. Encouraging why? Numbers.

"If" means "if." If I lose 40lbs I'll wear skinny jeans to my Reunion.
"we will soon (sell) out all the builds in 2024." No one knows what that means and it is the "if" that makes that whatever he meant worthless.

"we have new orders coming after the launch" Really! OMG! Let me go buy more stock..or HODL. What the hell was the other option? No "new orders"? so they had at least two new orders. Oh no, they may not...the new orders "are coming."

Not a damn thing that came outta his mouth is anything but corporate bullcrap. But evidently there was at least one person oth there that felt he said something. You?

This is the kind of crap Tesla needs to stop. Tesla is speaking like they should be hiring ol' what's his name from Nikola any day now.

"Thanks for your patience" Means we appreciate those of you that are fanboys and didn't point out how we sucked Butt.

"so far has been encouraging" Means absolutely nothing. There is nothing in that statement at all. Encouraging why? Numbers.

"we will soon (sell) out all the builds in 2024." No one knows what that means and it is the "if" that makes that whatever he meant worthless.

"we have new orders coming after the launch" Really! OMG! Let me go buy more stock..or HODL. What the hell was the other option? No "new orders"? so they had at least two new orders. Oh no, they may not...the new orders "are coming."

Not a damn thing that came outta his mouth is anything but corporate bullcrap. But evidently there was at least one person oth there that felt he said something. You?
Let’s revisit in the 4Q… you can eat crow then.

Which is corporate speak for, "We aren't going to say anything real."

Let’s revisit in the 4Q… you can eat crow then.
You are seeing it from a retail investors with short-sightedness. It is a turd wrapped in stainless steel. Tesla did nothing to the back half of the vehicle but make it worse by putting a Leaky Turdneau cover on it.
All "the good stuff" was done by Tesla for ALL Teslas. 800 watt, 48 watt, drive by wire, four wheel steering. Those improvements will give Tesla huge benefits when designing their cars. But The WHOLE TRUNK area was a complete design fail. Not one single change to a normal truck bed could be considered an improvement except they put an outlet in it.

They have reported in the past of having "millions of $100 pre-orders" and "many years of backlog". Today, they can produce about 500 CTs per week (on a good week), I've read (Sandy Munro data point?).

So, for 2024 the total production will be between 26,000 and "X". Let's give them the benefit of a decent production ramp later this year and call "X" 50,000. If Elon is saying, on one hand, that Tesla has, "millions of $100 pre-orders, and years of backlog," and yet can only produce upwards of 50,000 CTs in 2024, how come they are not already sold out for 2024? o_O
Hint: Of those millions of $100 pre-orders, they have not yet converted ($1000 commitment) 26k-X over to early adopter, high priced Founder's Edition's...

As of today, they say, "we expect 2024 builds to sell out," which means they have not yet converted 26,000-50,000 of those "millions of $100 pre-orders" into $1000 commitments, right?! 🤣🍻 That's an abysmal conversion rate....

• Disagree
Reactions: Krugerrand
They have reported in the past of having "millions of $100 pre-orders" and "many years of backlog". Today, they can produce about 500 CTs per week (on a good week), I've read (Sandy Munro data point?).

So, for 2024 the total production will be between 26,000 and "X". Let's give them the benefit of a decent production ramp later this year and call "X" 50,000. If Elon is saying, on one hand, that Tesla has, "millions of $100 pre-orders, and years of backlog," and yet can only produce upwards of 50,000 CTs in 2024, how come they are not already sold out for 2024? o_O
Hint: Of those millions of $100 pre-orders, they have not yet converted ($1000 commitment) 26k-X over to early adopter, high priced Founder's Edition's...

As of today, they say, "we expect 2024 builds to sell out," which means they have not yet converted 26,000-50,000 of those "millions of $100 pre-orders" into $1000 commitments, right?! 🤣🍻 That's an abysmal conversion rate....

Just saw this.... Looks like investors are viewing it the same way (as above)...

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 10.29.00 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 10.32.53 AM.png

here I am going to show I am rational when judging Tesla.
Tesla is wise NOT to try and line up the whole year's worth of production immediately. Tesla would not gain an advantage worth the risk. Prudent action is to not make too many consumers are expecting their Cyberturd because they will wait too long and start to complain. And if Tesla actually redesigns the ass half of the Cyberturd they might have the line down for a week or two. And maybe have it down more than once. And other "unforeseen events beyond their control" could create delay.

I also "listened" to the babble BS that seemed to not consider the "2 million" $100 dollar reservations as being actual customers. By speaking in that vain I felt they were giving me a poker "tell." And perhaps they were already believing that the $100 reservations were turning out to not be a significantly reliable metric, and probably not willing to buy the turds.

Reactions: jebinc
here I am going to show I am rational when judging Tesla.
Tesla is wise NOT to try and line up the whole year's worth of production immediately. Tesla would not gain an advantage worth the risk. Prudent action is to not make too many consumers are expecting their Cyberturd because they will wait too long and start to complain. And if Tesla actually redesigns the ass half of the Cyberturd they might have the line down for a week or two. And maybe have it down more than once. And other "unforeseen events beyond their control" could create delay.

I also "listened" to the babble BS that seemed to not consider the "2 million" $100 dollar reservations as being actual customers. By speaking in that vain I felt they were giving me a poker "tell." And perhaps they were already believing that the $100 reservations were turning out to not be a significantly reliable metric, and probably not willing to buy the turds.
And the "turd" doesn't even "float," as it was advertised by the great "Elon" - that it would serve as a boat, etc... I'm hopeful that the board will replace the Charlatan with a serious CEO. I know, I know, that will never happen, yada, yada, yada...

• Disagree
Reactions: Krugerrand
Please stick to the one topic here. Anyone that reads TMC is fully aware of what the stock has done today. And it has little to do with how sad the back-half of the Cyberturd was designed.
Sorry, but the Earnings call included BS lines about CT demand, and those BS lines were also posted in this and many other TMC threads. My TSLA stock and analyst article pics support my reply to those posted BS hype earnings call quotes, which imply (falsely) how great it is that Tesla "Expects" to sell out 2024 (tiny) production (but has not yet done so - even with "millions of $100 pre-orders").... That's abysmal.

Last edited:
And the "turd" doesn't even "float," as it was advertised by the great "Elon" - that it would serve as a boat, etc... I'm hopeful that the board will replace the Charlatan with a serious CEO. I know, I know, that will never happen, yada, yada, yada...
Elon is not a Charlatan...
"a person falsely claiming to have a special knowledge or skill; a fraud."
He has a very special set of skills. But he has very limited skills and attributes in other areas.
And the Cyberturd has a whiff of fraud to it because Tesla AND Elon knew when they finalized the production model that it failed the metrics, yet they kept it to themselves. And they all knew that the Reservation holders were still believing what Tesla told them.