Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cyber(nota)truck even more Not a truck than I first thought

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, but the Earnings call included BS lines about CT demand, and those BS lines were also posted in this and many other TMC threads. My TSLA stock and analyst article pics support my reply to those posted BS hype earnings call quotes, which imply (falsely) how great it is that Tesla "Expects" to sell out 2024 (tiny) production (but has not yet done so - even with "millions of $100 pre-orders").... That's abysmal.
I agree with that. But the stock price clouds the topic. The stock is tanking because of guidance. or should I say the lack of guidance.
Tesla kept quiet after they knew the Cyberturd was going to be just that, a turd. And now they are being quiet about Production and growth for this year. That is what is impacting the stock.
So please, Keep this thread about the Cyberturd itself.

HOLEY SH!T
I just got back from a productive dog walk.
And I swear as I knelt down with the bag I looked at the shape and form of my dog's deposit and...
Well if I put a suite of cameras on it.... four tires... a huge windshield wiper... and a sad pathetic mini moving walkway capable of a 300 lbs load when not moving... and wrapped it in angular Stainless Steel...

I agree with that. But the stock price clouds the topic. The stock is tanking because of guidance. or should I say the lack of guidance.
Tesla kept quiet after they knew the Cyberturd was going to be just that, a turd. And now they are being quiet about Production and growth for this year. That is what is impacting the stock.
So please, Keep this thread about the Cyberturd itself.
Okay, fair enough. Can we agree that the “Turd’s” real demand (as demonstrated by numbers people converting to $1000 commitments) is far less than Elon/Tesla has implied? To say they “expect” to sell out in 2024 is a far cry from having “sold out” by now - given the many years of order backlog and millions of preorders the Charlatan (I mean Elon) has stated many times in an effort to get investors to believe the line of BS.

My Two Cents...
Low production plus maximum hype equals $uce$$ for Tesla, despite any and all flaws.

There will always be that die-hard group of folks that will drop down any price to be the first-to-have.

There is plenty not to like about the CT. I doubt that a lucid (See what I did there?) discussion of facts cannot be had until the hoopla settles down and more of the are in the wild.

Personal rant...
The "range extender" is nothing more than a poorly thought out, bolt on black box to make-true Musk's ridiculous range claim.

Kind of like vinyl roofs on every 1970s Ford product.

Reactions: QUBO
This constant sniping and name calling has gone beyond tedious to absolutely and redundantly pointless.

Too bad. There’s a rational discussion to be had somewhere of the CyberTruck’s weaknesses - and strengths.

But clearly not here.
I am not name calling anyone. Well I am having fun with the name of the Cyber(nota)truck. I do wish I could read the comments on the Cybertruck Forum But several YEARS back when I thought the Cyber(nota)truck was actually going to be something good I tried to start a thread about how many different types of people were interested in it the people got upset and thought when I said I was not like any of them, and they were not like each other. And that we were all interested in one thing, they just read that I was better than them. Even the fool that ran the forum couldn't read critically. After trying to explain exactly what I wrote I chose to "close my position" there by starting a thread exposing the owner for the fool he was. And there I did start a tirade that I am still very proud for posting... I think he banned me. Poor me.

My Two Cents...
Low production plus maximum hype equals $uce$$ for Tesla, despite any and all flaws.

There will always be that die-hard group of folks that will drop down any price to be the first-to-have.

There is plenty not to like about the CT. I doubt that a lucid (See what I did there?) discussion of facts cannot be had until the hoopla settles down and more of the are in the wild.

Personal rant...
The "range extender" is nothing more than a poorly thought out, bolt on black box to make-true Musk's ridiculous range claim.

Kind of like vinyl roofs on every 1970s Ford product.
Agreed. I would go a step further and suggest the range extender is just more made up Elon BS to distract investors and customers from the real facts. I would wager a dime it never actually gets produced and installed in any CTs. The next line of BS will come when/if they improve 4680 energy density and chemistry. Then, the ____ will say (as he did with the 500 mile range Plaid+) that the CT doesn’t need a range extender as it now gets <insert BS range here> miles/charge now. Wait for it… the “guy” always makes futuristic rosy statements to deflect from current poor performance. He did that on the most recent earnings call as well - if you didn’t watch or listen to that (sh)it show.

Reactions: QUBO
Okay, fair enough. Can we agree that the “Turd’s” real demand (as demonstrated by numbers people converting to $1000 commitments) is far less than Elon/Tesla has implied? To say they “expect” to sell out in 2024 is a far cry from having “sold out” by now - given the many years of order backlog and millions of preorders the Charlatan (I mean Elon) has stated many times in an effort to get investors to believe the line of BS.
Yes we can. But there are plenty of adult children with enough money to buy it so everyone will look at them.
Long ago my Father brought me aside and told me. Never compliment someone for what they have. I think I had told someone they had a cool shirt. He said that to only emphasize the good in the person, not what they owned. He wasn't against me talking about the guy's shirt. but he told me I had to find the goodness in the person, not in his possessions. And he explained that I could have said to the person that they had a very keen sense of fashion. But to not value or praise a person because of a possession.
Too many people never get that lesson.
And if I saw a person with a Cyberturd there would be no way to compliment them except to comment that it is great to see they place a high value on their lives and those that ride in the vehicle.
BTW it took a long time for me to think of a compliment my Daddy would be happy with.

• Disagree
Reactions: outdoors and jebinc
Agreed. I would go a step further and suggest the range extender is just more made up Elon BS to distract investors and customers from the real facts. I would wager a dime it never actually gets produced and installed in any CTs. The next line of BS will come when/if they improve 4680 energy density and chemistry. Then, the ____ will say (as he did with the 500 mile range Plaid+) that the CT doesn’t need a range extender as it now gets <insert BS range here> miles/charge now. Wait for it… the “guy” always makes futuristic rosy statements to deflect from current poor performance. He did that on the most recent earnings call as well - if you didn’t watch or listen to that (sh)it show.
The "Range Extender" is not a distraction but a rebuttal to the issue of it not having the declared range.
Whenever anyone claims "It can't get decent range." The Tesla "engineer" can say it does with the Range extender.
Too bad it can't achieve other long time stated metrics with add-ons. And the range extender negatively impacts all of them. Efficiency and payload especially.
But you can still sleep in a three thousand dollar tent tied in the trunk with the range extender in place, just don't try and bring a truck load of stuff camping.
I can't make this stuff up. It is ridiculous. Yep, I can go farther, but I can't take as much nor do so as efficiently.

The "Range Extender" is not a distraction but a rebuttal to the issue of it not having the declared range.

That IS the distraction.... "Hey, look over here... over here... we have the never to be delivered and underperforming range extender... look, look..." This is to distract prospective early adopters/buyers from the fact the the CT (as currently being delivered) DOES NOT PERFORM, as expected (Based on what the <Insert name here> may have said repeatedly over the past four plus years - and as recently as a week before the "Delivery Event" spectacle). Why, because th e<Insert name here> knows many will live on his every word (even if false)....

Jebinc,
It seems like it is just you and me.
All the "investors" that want to believe lies, and refuse to look at the cybertruck (damn that isn't spelled right is it) critically, have left without acknowledging we (and a few others here) are right. They left because they can't accept the truth. They'd rather believe a lie. Or just ignore the truth.
And they pretended to leave because we said it already. Or we were name calling. But they kept trying to attack us and not the issue.
If any of em come back and can somehow show me something in regards to how the cyberTURD's back half is better designed than any normal truck I'd be flabbergasted. But they won't.
The whole turd missed the toilet really. Why I remember years back about how the body was going to replace the frame... and then it didn't. Everything didn't. The only two remaining features are the Stainless Steel that seems to be ideal for wrapping so that's not the big thing any longer, and the ill-designed Leaky, heavy, ugly Turdneau cover.

Metrics? ALL gone
Usability, only as an attention-getter
Size. reduced. Why? So it could fit in a garage...come on man. really.
Yolk? A joke. (And this is the only vehicle that has the correct "lock to lock" for it to work right.)
Ramp in the tailgate: "Oh we weren't serious. That thing would cost several thousand. And throw of the handling dynamics."
Tie down channels. No one that ever stood in the bed of a pick up even considered that as a good idea
Stainless Bed. No one that ever stood in the bed of a pick-up even considered that as a good idea.
And that four-wheel ATV that Elon said he would build if people expressed an interest and most of us did...well they made it (toy).

I really can't remember something done as poorly as the Cyberturd. From conception to this Final product. I mean minutes in to the initial reveal they cancelled the "Bulletproof" windows... That was one of the few truthful thing that has come from Tesla since the whole fiasco began. And then they lied about it. If it was Micro-fractures then the engineers could easily solve that. Cushion the edge. I only wish I had the Cracked window shirt now!

Last edited:
It is just my opinion that the reason they downsized the Cybertruck wasn't only so it could fit in a Garage but it was getting too heavy. The larger size combined with a Battery that could propel it to 500 miles of range would have pushed the Truck into the 10k GVWR class 3 vehicle range.

Reactions: jebinc
It is just my opinion that the reason they downsized the Cybertruck wasn't only so it could fit in a Garage but it was getting too heavy. The larger size combined with a Battery that could propel it to 500 miles of range would have pushed the Truck into the 10k GVWR class 3 vehicle range.
That is worth considering. But I think if they just took out half the Bullshit it'd be lighter than my wife's corrola.
I also don't like how they took so much of the length reduction from the bed.I seem to remember Tesla saying they would leave the bed size alone. But I am starting to not even try to remember what Tesla says because they are not honest.

Jebinc,
It seems like it is just you and me.
All the "investors" that want to believe lies, and refuse to look at the cybertruck (damn that isn't spelled right is it) critically, have left without acknowledging we (and a few others here) are right. They left because they can't accept the truth. They'd rather believe a lie. Or just ignore the truth.
And they pretended to leave because we said it already. Or we were name calling. But they kept trying to attack us and not the issue.
If any of em come back and can somehow show me something in regards to how the cyberTURD's back half is better designed than any normal truck I'd be flabbergasted. But they won't.
The whole turd missed the toilet really. Why I remember years back about how the body was going to replace the frame... and then it didn't. Everything didn't. The only two remaining features are the Stainless Steel that seems to be ideal for wrapping so that's not the big thing any longer, and the ill-designed Leaky, heavy, ugly Turdneau cover.

Metrics? ALL gone
Usability, only as an attention-getter
Size. reduced. Why? So it could fit in a garage...come on man. really.
Yolk? A joke. (And this is the only vehicle that has the correct "lock to lock" for it to work right.)
Ramp in the tailgate: "Oh we weren't serious. That thing would cost several thousand. And throw of the handling dynamics."
Tie down channels. No one that ever stood in the bed of a pick up even considered that as a good idea
Stainless Bed. No one that ever stood in the bed of a pick-up even considered that as a good idea.
And that four-wheel ATV that Elon said he would build if people expressed an interest and most of us did...well they made it (toy).

I really can't remember something done as poorly as the Cyberturd. From conception to this Final product. I mean minutes in to the initial reveal they cancelled the "Bulletproof" windows... That was one of the few truthful thing that has come from Tesla since the whole fiasco began. And then they lied about it. If it was Micro-fractures then the engineers could easily solve that. Cushion the edge. I only wish I had the Cracked window shirt now!

Right, and when they don't like the facts/view/Elon critique, or large group nicknames, they threaten to report the posts (when no Forum rules were violated). To these folks, I say, "You do you... - To each!"

Re CT (where "T" stands for <Insert your Favorite name here>), No disagreement with any of your above "factual" post points. That's why I call that clown a "Charlatan" - because he sure says and does things like a charlatan would (including selling snake oil). P.T. Barum would be proud of him....

As mentioned, <Insert your Favorite name here> reported many things that were not true right up to the "delivery event" debacle. Yeah, and that's what it was (a debacle). From faked 911 vs CT 1/4 miles (like he once staged those early FSD videos), calling the CT a "car" and the "vault" a "trunk" many times, misleading order page narrative (like those completely BS torque values and more). I only hope the stock drops low enough to force the BoD to replace him. Then the stock will rebound (after the initial "loyalist investor crowd" gets over the "loss")... To think, "'da clown" was even so bold to ask for a larger equity share of the company - delusional.

Re the crap of a Tonneau/Bed/vault design:

1) CT is the only "turd" I know of where you can't see out the rear window when the PoS is closed. Your choice is to see and have your stuff exposed to the elements, or to close (sh)it and not see - while still leaving your stuff open to the elements, partially.
2) The crap of a design takes away bed space - did you see that rear bed wall angled into the bed? Reduces usable bed space/loading/unloading for sure. And those dumb side "wings"....
3) In all seriousness, most tonneau covers let in some minimal amount of moisture at the corners, if exposed to wind and rain or other forced water pressure. Not sure how badly the CT tonneau "weeps"....

• Funny
Reactions: Leeclanual
Just to be clear, if the CT is not a truck, neither are the F150L or the Rivian as it performs about the same as both of those.

It's a BEV issue at this point. Even if the CT had 500 miles of range, people would be complaining about only being able to tow >200 miles.

Many hoped that Tesla would overcome physics/drag, battery density, etc, but they did not.
Yeah, but it's not just the range. It's that Tesla doesn't seem to be taking it seriously at all. Ok, I get it only could fit 123kwh of battery. Ok, I get it, the design had to be exactly this, or daddy Elon would be guilty of being what he doesn't like about other car makers.

Then in lieu of massive range, why not start rolling out 800v chargers in 2020? Why not make sure half of all new chargers have space for trailers? Why not offer the extender on day one? Why? Cause they aren't taking any of this seriously, they are banking on another Model S. It looks cool and it exists. Then sorta fake it for the next year or two and hope their new fancy batteries catch up to the point that they can actually accept 350kw+ charging and can go 300 real miles.

It's worked literally every other time. You can go and watch videos of the OG roadster preorder holders confronting Elon about lies and delays. So, until there are consequences, this will just keep happening. But the difference is this time, our dear leader has already burned through all the upper middle class early adopters and alienated much of the US population...

Yeah, but it's not just the range. It's that Tesla doesn't seem to be taking it seriously at all. Ok, I get it only could fit 123kwh of battery. Ok, I get it, the design had to be exactly this, or daddy Elon would be guilty of being what he doesn't like about other car makers.

Then in lieu of massive range, why not start rolling out 800v chargers in 2020? Why not make sure half of all new chargers have space for trailers? Why not offer the extender on day one? Why? Cause they aren't taking any of this seriously, they are banking on another Model S. It looks cool and it exists. Then sorta fake it for the next year or two and hope their new fancy batteries catch up to the point that they can actually accept 350kw+ charging and can go 300 real miles.

It's worked literally every other time. You can go and watch videos of the OG roadster preorder holders confronting Elon about lies and delays. So, until there are consequences, this will just keep happening. But the difference is this time, our dear leader has already burned through all the upper middle class early adopters and alienated much of the US population...
No kidding, right? Can you imagine how all of those "suckered" Roadster "Founder's Edition" pre-order people feel.... having had to give "daddy Elon" (aka, the great charlatan) $250,000 up front - many, many years ago??? And what do they have to show for that today? Just a very chapped @$$.... I predict today's CT "Founder's Edition" buyers will lament loudly (here on TMC) in the coming months when their CT FE is obsoleted in the next year or two by the re re re re re and refreshed CT.... Wait for it....

Reactions: lafrisbee
No kidding, right? Can you imagine how all of those "suckered" Roadster "Founder's Edition" pre-order people feel.... having had to give "daddy Elon" (aka, the great charlatan) $250,000 up front - many, many years ago??? And what do they have to show for that today? Just a very chapped @$$.... I predict today's CT "Founder's Edition" buyers will lament loudly (here on TMC) in the coming months when their CT FE is obsoleted in the next year or two by the re re re re re and refreshed CT.... Wait for it....
That is why I waited to place my order for a $39K cyber(nota)truck. I didn't think Elon would have the balls to up the price from the stated prices in the reservation. I knew they would get their first. I did not want "first" because it seems new cars have issues, even/especially Teslas. SO I have the 500,000 in line number for the cheapest Cyber)(nota)truck. I was actually trying to time it so I'd be the 250,000 number. Now I am happy I was so off. Perhaps in 3-5 years they'll have a different cyber(nota)truck....without a turdneau cover. and a pass-through from the cabin to the bed.

That is why I waited to place my order for a $39K cyber(nota)truck. I didn't think Elon would have the balls to up the price from the stated prices in the reservation. I knew they would get their first. I did not want "first" because it seems new cars have issues, even/especially Teslas. SO I have the 500,000 in line number for the cheapest Cyber)(nota)truck. I was actually trying to time it so I'd be the 250,000 number. Now I am happy I was so off. Perhaps in 3-5 years they'll have a different cyber(nota)truck....without a turdneau cover. and a pass-through from the cabin to the bed.
Or better yet, one with a pass through and waterproof gear tunnel.

LOOK WHAT I FOUND! The Gandpappy to the Cyberturd! And The Turd's Grandmomma Was a Ridgeline! They both had issues of Bed/vault usability created by their "design." Grandpappy overcame some of those limitations by the manufacturer offering a plastic removable tonneau cover. Which reminds me of Tesla's range extender. And the Sport Trac even had another add-on. A bed extender. And Grandmama had non-90 degree "styling" which creates all sorts of usability issues. Just like her son. Though with her son the birth defect is much more severe. Toss in a little Delorean DNA and you have a Cyberturd.
One more thing that Grandpappy has that his Grandson has. They were not built as trucks but as SUV's so the cabin was where their DNA is better expressed. Their hind-ends were best ignored when trying to be polite.

Last edited:
  • Funny
yeah except CUV is already taken. And there isn't much utility to the back half of a Cyberturd.
True, tbf though maybe CUV would be appropriate:
1706308267216.png
1706308267216.png

When parked next to a CUV, it blends right in. I also asked my none techy friends what they thought about a photo of the cybertruck (without telling them the name, which has truck in it), they were convinced it was a SUV prop for a movie. When I told them it has a truck bed, they didn't believe me 😂, even when I showed them 🤣

• Funny