Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck launch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was looking at the accessories page and they are selling the Bed Ramp. It appears from the picture and description that it is only one Ramp for 400 dollars.
That is expensive and you usually need two so 800 dollars for the pair.

What a scam - Originally, the built in full ramp came with the truck at a lower purchase price. Now, you have to buy a ton of Telsa accessories in attempts to get it close to what Elon talked about it having for four F'n years....

Re ramps, I have these for my Rivian and I absolutely love them. Easily stowed in the Rivian "Gear tunnel". Just a consideration - Don't give your money to Tesla for "CyberRamps"! 🤣

Paid well under $200 for "a set of two". I think it was around $150. I know, I know, the Elon devotionalists will pay $800, just because...

Reactions: TessP100D
We have the one on the right from Harbor Freight.

53375598768_d3323c741f.jpg

Works just fine.

To be fair…

The Ford’s frunk is a vestige of a truck designed with a huge engine up there. With undoubtedly a large penalty aerodynamically. I doubt that a ground-up Ford design will have as huge a frunk. Imagine the CyberTruck design with a huge rectangular bump in the hood to accommodate a similarly huge frunk. Yuck.
I agree with you, but at the same time, Tesla can see what everyone is doing and had a chance to beat every metric and truly create the best truck. They failed

Reactions: jebinc
I agree with you, but at the same time, Tesla can see what everyone is doing and had a chance to beat every metric and truly create the best truck. They failed
Right, as I posted somewhere the other day - comparing a design/pruduct delivering next year, to ones that have been in production for nearly three years, is just <Insert You Fav Word(s) here>.... And, even so, Tesla missed it as you say; like how can you not have a built in bed compressor for "airing up" after "airing down" for off road use... Oh, I get it, Tesla wants you to buy (and store in the bed, along with the range extender, ramps, spare tire and recovery boards...) and over-priced Tesla Fanboy Cyber stamped air compressor! There are many examples, but I'll leave just a simple one that most can grasp...

Reactions: HitchHiker71
And then Musk went off the trail with comments about war and apocalypse etc. he couldn’t even figure out how to get himself out of that one. So does he thing the earth and society is going to end soon or is he just living in that child like mind?
He might have be stoned and/or under the influence from other substances... why did he keep calling the Cybertruck "a car," and referring to the vault as "a trunk".... Unreal....

Last edited:
I checked, Cybertruck has NOT launched.

I went to the store, and touched the truck a few times, leaning over to get close since it was still behind the barriers (but lit up oddly with green LEDs). However, eventually I was told off by the Tesla person. He said touching it would leave a lot of fingerprints (I was dumbfounded by this statement). I told him I was annoyed because last week they said they would tell us everything after November 30th. Anyway he seemed annoyed by “corporate” as well. He of course did not know the battery capacity.

But no one is allowed to sit in the truck or do anything. That is not a launch!!! Cybertruck has NOT launched. I really wanted to sit in the car to figure out what was going on with the rear view mirror.

I did determine:
1) no obvious cleaning nozzle on rear camera (there is on the front bumper camera apparently). Not sure how this will work with camera system.
2) Bumpers seem to be hard plastic. Troublingly, the plastic pieces in front of the wheels are also hard plastic, rather than flexible. Try to negotiate a rock higher than about 10-12 inches and they’re probably going to get ripped off.
3) I felt some edges of stainless steel. Not too sharp, but certainly don’t want to fall on them or move across them rapidly.
4) I prodded the stainless steel a couple times. It seems stiff.

Of course, real world use requires safety from stray arrows and bullets - as long as they are not shot thru the glass.... 🤣
Also the glass was cracked during the shooting due to two buckshot in the same spot (went through). I guess they kept the windows down to see if they would crack. They posted a full video. Anyway not a big deal either way. The steel is definitely tough but it obviously can be dented.
IMG_9697.jpeg

Just curious…

How would you propose Tesla design in a monstrous frunk, given the overall shape of the CyberTruck, and consistent with a goal of aerodynamic efficiency? Personally, a smallish frunk is a non-issue, given all the other storage locations.

Reactions: Arthur31
Just curious…

How would you propose Tesla design in a monstrous frunk, given the overall shape of the CyberTruck, and consistent with a goal of aerodynamic efficiency? Personally, a smallish frunk is a non-issue, given all the other storage locations.
Are there storage locations?

door pockets?
hidden interior storage areas?
outside the bed storage?
behind the seats?
glove boxes?
sail storage?
below the bed storage?

what storage area am I missing?

Just curious…

The original size of the CT would have produced a better frunk size. Really not putting in power outlets in the funk is the biggest fail, IMO.