Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evie EV charging networks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of course, but the point is that but for issues with initiating a charge, a session would have been cheaper and multiple pre-auths might also have occured

And how many people might actually care about the 5 cent difference in the amount they pay? 🙄

It can go the other way too - any time delay in starting a charge might increase the amount of time spent charging at a lower rate.

This is such a non-issue I barely know why I’m writing a reply…

Reactions: Quickst
I must be going blind, but I can’t see on the Adelaide Evie chargers what the time and rates are, just that it is variable and what the current rate is.
Am I missing something?
That site doesn't have variable pricing yet (the text about variable pricing is just boilerplate that appears on every site, for some reason).

Look up the Hornsby site if you want to see how a site with actual variable pricing appears.

Reactions: dronus
This is such a non-issue I barely know why I’m writing a reply…
I dont know either, but to your point, I can see it bothering some people....
People only complain when price rise, not when prices fall - cue the gnashing of teeth when DinoJuice prices suddenly rise, but never a criticism when prices drop.

However,
I dont care abut pre-auth
I don't care about a 11c difference in charging fees either during a charging session, but I like to play the game of who blinks first when Jolting to 7.000kWh.
I dont care if if there are several charging apps.

The variable site seem to have an additional site details tab, with pricing overlayed on the usage chart.

Screenshot_20240520_135056.jpg

Reactions: dronus and cafz
I dont know either, but to your point, I can see it bothering some people....
People only complain when price rise, not when prices fall - cue the gnashing of teeth when DinoJuice prices suddenly rise, but never a criticism when prices drop.

However,
I dont care abut pre-auth
I don't care about a 11c difference in charging fees either during a charging session, but I like to play the game of who blinks first when Jolting to 7.000kWh.
I dont care if if there are several charging apps.
Yeah I don’t really care either but it is nice to know what you are getting yourself in for when using a service.

If I needed to use it I’d just use it, but I rarely use DCFC so I’m not the best person to use as a case study.

To some people it might be really important, others not at all.

When it says this via @moa999 picture above “charging rates are higher per kWh during busy periods” I’m hoping that is historic in someway and not real time.
You’d get annoyed if you went to charge up off peak, a few other people have the same idea and all of a sudden the price goes up haha

IMG_0610.jpeg

Reactions: Quickst
When it says this via @moa999 picture above “charging rates are higher per kWh during busy periods” I’m hoping that is historic in someway and not real time.
You’d get annoyed if you went to charge up off peak, a few other people have the same idea and all of a sudden the price goes up haha
It tells you the times and the rates in those same pictures.

Variable rates doesn't mean "can change at any time to any price", it just means that the prices vary over the day, but still particular prices apply at particular times.

In the recently announced NSW kerbside charging grants (this thread), Evie posted on LinkedIn that they are the only recipient of the kerbside grants who is building DC fast chargers - 80 plugs across 26 sites.

They will build their chargers in these six LGAs - all north and east of the CBD:
  • Mosman
  • Lane Cove
  • Ku-ring-gai
  • Woollahra
  • Randwick
  • North Sydney
It will be very interesting to see what an Evie “kerbside charging” solution looks like, or whether they will just look like the NRMA site at Olympic Park.