Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
I just got the new iPhone and there is no TMC app for this forum. I hope they update.
IMG_2716.png

Click that thing at the top for more info… it’s been there for days.

I agree with you though, it’s sucks, because I still have the app and can use it on my 14 Pro but can’t re-download it onto my 15 Pro due to TMC pulling the app from the AppStore.

With the trajectory of FSD Beta rolling out to more and more of the fleet, I wouldn't be surprised if there will be no way to opt-out of FSD Beta in the future. If you subscribe or have purchased FSD, I'm thinking Tesla will install Beta on your car. Opt'ing out, if possible, may just re-install FSD Beta shortly after since you have FSD.
My understanding is that FSD is now installed in all cars via the main branch updates. To enable FSD one needs to have purchased it or subscribed.

But us FSD beta testers who purchased it are not able to update to the main branch, and instead receive only updates to the experimental versions of FSD (11.4.7 so far) which includes the rather old base code 2023.7.x. Subscribers to FSD can cancel the subscription which gets them out of the beta test program. And, I gather, they can then update to current releases. Since these include 11.x FSD, they can resubscribe without, I think, re-volunteering to test. And, I assume that anyone on the current releases can't even get into the test program because it is still bundled with the down-rev 2023.7.x.

We need a way to opt out of the FSD beta test program.

My understanding is that FSD is now installed in all cars via the main branch updates. To enable FSD one needs to have purchased it or subscribed.

But us FSD beta testers who purchased it are not able to update to the main branch, and instead receive only updates to the experimental versions of FSD (11.4.7 so far) which includes the rather old base code 2023.7.x. Subscribers to FSD can cancel the subscription which gets them out of the beta test program. And, I gather, they can then update to current releases. Since these include 11.x FSD, they can resubscribe without, I think, re-volunteering to test. And, I assume that anyone on the current releases can't even get into the test program because it is still bundled with the down-rev 2023.7.x.

We need a way to opt out of the FSD beta test program.
I think you're right. As you said, I think the general firmware now includes FSD Beta code, so the goal will likely be to unify the code bases, so that general and FSD Beta are in the same firmware, and just toggling via the Settings - Autopilot menu if you have a subscription or purchased FSD.

I'm somewhat embarrassed to report this so I apologize in advance but I had a perfect FSDb drive using 11.4.4 on my 150-mile interstate commute home yesterday. Even including the three extensive sections of highway construction. Not one single intervention needed, just shake the wheel every 10 minutes. FSDg definitely showed up for the highway driving. Even did perfectly on a detour through town to the grocery......

My problem with in-town driving is not FSDb mistakes but it's just too damn slow and inefficient. The New York City taxi driver in me just ain't that patient. And anyway, the whole fun of the Tesla is zipping around traffic.
Good to hear Doc. I've noticed on .7 that although the nags are just as frequent, the force taken to break the nag is very subtle. Before, I had to jerk it pretty aggressive to break the nag. Now it's just a light nudge.

Totally get the impatience waiting for it in town. Tried "Aggressive" and it was just rude. Like it learned to drive in Puerto Rico or something.

My problem with in-town driving is not FSDb mistakes but it's just too damn slow and inefficient. The New York City taxi driver in me just ain't that patient. And anyway, the whole fun of the Tesla is zipping around traffic.
I should add that I don't want FSDb driving like I do. That would scare the hell out of me........

Well, I'm going to have to bow out of this thread for a while. I got my 5th strike today and FSD has been disabled for 'about a week.' Not sure what I did to deserve this one either - I was driving straight on a 2 lane state highway. It was overcast but not dark at all. I was looking straight ahead at the road with my hands on my knees next to the wheel when suddenly it starts beeping and I get the red wheel of death. The screen likely flashed blue prior but I didn't notice it because it was light out and I was looking at the road. Not terribly like all my other unprovoked strikes.

I guess I'll have to go over to the AP v11.x thread to read Rhampex's complaints about AP instead of FSD.

Well, I'm going to have to bow out of this thread for a while. I got my 5th strike today and FSD has been disabled for 'about a week.' Not sure what I did to deserve this one either - I was driving straight on a 2 lane state highway. It was overcast but not dark at all. I was looking straight ahead at the road with my hands on my knees next to the wheel when suddenly it starts beeping and I get the red wheel of death. The screen likely flashed blue prior but I didn't notice it because it was light out and I was looking at the road. Not terribly like all my other unprovoked strikes.

I guess I'll have to go over to the AP v11.x thread to read Rhampex's complaints about AP instead of FSD.
Get out! Such thread exists?! Link!!

Neither I nor my SO use the AP in the non-FSD Model Y. It’s even more of trash than the J, but at least it didn’t cost any additional money after purchasing the car.

I should add that I don't want FSDb driving like I do. That would scare the hell out of me........
I'm the opposite I want FSD to drive just like I do. With a perfect driving record since 1968 (not even a moving violation) Elon should have his AI FSD team use my driving for V12;). One problem with that though I do roll stop signs most of the time.

I can confirm that using minimize lane changes impacts my vehicle’s tendency to want to enter a (mostly) right hand turn only lane. In one instance, it stops my car from moving into a right hand turn only lane, and in a second case, it did not. These behaviors are repeatable. When minimize lane change is off, my vehicle will always enter a right lane as soon as it opens up, even if it is a right hand turn only lane. When minimize lane change is on, in one case my vehicle does not enter the right hand turn only lane, and in another case, it enters the right hand turn only lane. I repeated this test on my way home from work a few times, and FSD always does the same thing (HW4 2023.7.30 11.4.7).

Joe