Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How does the Model Y key card/iPhone app work?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you always have to take the key card out of your pocket, place it on the pillar to unlock, and put it on the center console to start the car? Or can it stay in your wallet? Does the iPhone app do all of this automatically from your pocket, or do you have to open the app and touch a button? Confused. Thanks for your help.

Here’s what the app looks like

Attachments

• B951471C-371D-43F4-932E-E66670006DCF.png
    B951471C-371D-43F4-932E-E66670006DCF.png
    281.5 KB · Views: 175
Do you always have to take the key card out of your pocket, place it on the pillar to unlock, and put it on the center console to start the car? Or can it stay in your wallet? Does the iPhone app do all of this automatically from your pocket, or do you have to open the app and touch a button? Confused. Thanks for your help.
As for the seldomly used key card, I just leave it in my leather wallet and it works fine without having to extract it from the wallet.

Reactions: KingPaul
When does the app go online? Car is being delivered this Sunday, home delivery. Sorry if this question has been beaten to death.

got mine delivered yesterday to my house - the delivery tech had to call the service center to unlock my car since it wasn't linked to the App yet - the App wouldn't show my car until about 1 hour later (but definitely within a few hours after they mark it as delivered).