Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I got my new Autopilot defeat device

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get that you’re not “supposed” to use your phone or the infotainment screen while driving, but the reality is that we will anyway. So better do that while on FSD than while manually driving. The nags don’t change human behavior unfortunately, so while it sounds good in theory, it’s terrible in practice.

I think a reasonable compromise could be a generous timeout before it nags you due to distraction, and/or a gentler sequence of reminders before a full on nag. As it stands now, I barely have time to type in a song or destination before getting a hard nag. This just encourages me to do this off of FSD, which is way, way more dangerous.

Re: sunglasses - during the day, if you keep your head straight while wearing sunglasses, it won’t be able to tell where your eyes are looking, so you can take care of business on the screen. At night though, the trick didn’t work, or else maybe my head was facing slightly away - I didn’t try again when after it nagged me.

Forget compromises, the TSL6 chip on 2023.44.1 gets rid of all the nags even with the cabin camera unblocked as long as you don't look away from the road for more than 7-10 seconds. On versions after 2023.44.1, you will need to block the cabin camera while using the TSL6 chip to get rid of the nag.

I have the old version of the chip that plugs into the diagnostics port underneath the middle console and toggles the volume scroll wheel, but the new version of the chip now toggles the speed scroll wheel instead.