Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In the thick of the early delivery issues..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not a matter of being faithful. We understand (and so will model 3 owners , though the general concensus say they wont) I also think they will.. understand what Tesla is trying to do here. What they have accomplished so far is astonishing and anyone with any sort of work experience understands how hard that is, thats why we accept it and work together with them by being patient some times.

Faithful or understanding, same main point.

They know people will be patient and "work together", so they see no reason to spend extra money to improve service.
They can use that money to work on the 110 battery or AP 2.0. or Project 'Tritony Nine"

when i first experienced the ghosting issue on my x my first thought was , why? Why did u have to do a big windshield that comes with this problem? Now, i would never give u back that windshield even if it has ghosting forever. I have never felt an attachment with a car that i have with the x and its because of the details, windshield, self opening doors, falcon wings, beautiful seats i could care less if they fold, its a ridicoulus incredible car, here a picture of when we (me and him) went to keywest. Now tell me if u ever saw something cooler than this. Ah and yeah its electric and goes fast.View attachment 190940 :rolleyes:

Irresistible!

One thing about service is it's really nothing compares to what you get in return. Drop the car at SC, take a loaner/rental and pick it up when it's done is really not that a hard thing to do. Most of us probably spent money we earned by putting in some hard labors for good six months or so to buy the car. What's the big deal to spend a couple hours of you time to have the service done? Not to mention it's usually a much more pleasant experience working with those SC guys/gals than some of my bosses and coworkers.

Most of us probably spent money we earned by putting in some hard labors for good six months or so
Well, I waited for someone else to respond to this one, but I guess I'll take the bait.

Suggesting that most people spent six months working to afford a Model X or S reflects a worldview that is completely out of touch with reality. Some (likely a few) people spent six months or less, the vast majority of people spent a lot more than that. And while this is a generalization, I'm going to say that for those who spent six months, it wasn't "hard labors [sic]." The hard laboring individuals just might be the ones who saved for a decade or longer.

Going to the SC isn't a big inconvenience for me, but I understand that it is for others. Some people are juggling jobs with long hours, multiple children, long commutes, etc. Some schedules are inflexible. Multiple SC visits can be more than an inconvenience. To brush away their concerns displays the one-dimensional prism through which one views the rest of the world.

I have to echo the concerns regarding service centers (both as dual-owner and investor).

It's no accident that traditional car dealers are combined with service. It's probably because demand for service over time roughly equals the number of cars sold by a particular store.

It may be that Tesla's will eventually require less service than ICE, but that hasn't happened yet. (Arguably, they've needed more service). Moreover, Tesla compounds the workload on service centers by making them delivery centers for new cars. That clearly takes additional service center resources. (In Los Angeles service centers, it even seems to present a basic parking problem).

Tesla is woefully behind in the major markets in building and staffing service centers. Los Angeles and Orange County have 7 service centers to their 11 showrooms. The problem is only going to get worse.

It doesn't matter how friendly the service center is (mine still does valet service so the burden really isn't that great). When you oftentimes can't even get an appointment for 2-3 weeks (I understand it's worse in the Bay Area), that's a big problem.

(As an aside, I'd point out that they also have a really bad CRM system -- e.g., they can't seem to remember both my home number and my cell number. Apparently, it was developed in house and it shows. Seems to me that's clearly another area of hubris. Tesla should have never developed their own CRM for service centers -- or frankly anything else. That's clearly something they could have bought off the shelf to integrate into their processes.)

I've been very understanding and I'm as faithful as they come, but they simply have to improve in this area or they will fail.

That all being said, and back on topic for this thread, it would help a whole lot if they didn't release initially buggy products.

I've had my S for three years now and I've been nothing but impressed with the level and quality of the service center in comparison to my previous experiences with my local BMW dealership. However each market/location is different, and I can see how a densely populated metro area like LA or the bay area, with a large population of Teslas can easily overwhelm an SC's staff/resources, especially when they have to take on "double-duty" of fixing QC issues from the factory. Hopefully that problem will decrease over time, and not recur by the time the 3 gets here.

Tesla is probably trying to minimize the risk of re-occurrence with the 3's release by delivering vehicles to employees first, then deliveries at/near the factory to offload the demand from the local SCs until they get the initial production QC ramp up done.

Well, I waited for someone else to respond to this one, but I guess I'll take the bait.

Suggesting that most people spent six months working to afford a Model X or S reflects a worldview that is completely out of touch with reality. Some (likely a few) people spent six months or less, the vast majority of people spent a lot more than that. And while this is a generalization, I'm going to say that for those who spent six months, it wasn't "hard labors [sic]." The hard laboring individuals just might be the ones who saved for a decade or longer.

Going to the SC isn't a big inconvenience for me, but I understand that it is for others. Some people are juggling jobs with long hours, multiple children, long commutes, etc. Some schedules are inflexible. Multiple SC visits can be more than an inconvenience. To brush away their concerns displays the one-dimensional prism through which one views the rest of the world.

That was just an expression. What I was saying is going to SC a couple times is really nothing compares to the effort one puts in to get this awesome car. I know I am an eternal optimist. You can live the kind of live you choose to live too of course.

Reactions: ModelX