Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Handover Event -- July 28, 2017

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious about the climate control from the app...

Can it be used if the car is unplugged? I believe the Model S can do that, my Kia Soul EV cannot.

In the S, how long will it run for when remotely activated?

RT

I like the wood trim, at least in the photos I've seen. I suppose you could paint it black...

Agree that the wood trim is hideous. It very 1991.

I also still do not get the layout. To have to look right to get speed..,there is no way at all they planned that purposefully. All the talk on here about HUD was probably Tesla's original intention until they looked at costs.

I am all for advancement/change when it builds towards purposeful improvement. This is why if you read any car magazine there continues to be multiple comments monthly of cars without volume knobs. It is simple and it works, with as little distraction as Possible. So take the glovebox. Now you have to hit a button on a screen and then go to your glovebox, instead of a levered glovebox. They have taken, one motion and turned it into two. More complex, and in the name of what? Aesthetics?

Oh and one more time ...that wood trim drives me batty.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike and GreenT
Given the high initial cost of any first production thing, it makes financial sense to start production off on a model variation that will keep money in house, just like the S and X did to allow them the goal of a mass market 3. Kills me how some press (think it was Jalopnik) tried to spin this release and early production as not being able to produce the car for what they said. I'm also sure Tesla wants to make certain all the bugs are worked out on single motor before offering AWD. While it would be nice for owners to be able have more initial choice of battery options and such, running the line with set options now has to be the most efficient way to go to get the most cars out to the most people.

So he said the reservation count is now 500,000+. That's a pretty frightening "burden" to think of really. He and Tesla are trying to make people happy and knowing there will be glitches along the way to meeting that goal has to be something you just push through as smartly as you can. Liked his quote of going through hell and keep on going.

Jalopnik is mostly petrol heads, so yeah, there's going to be an inherent bias from their writers and commenters against electric cars in general, just like there's a bias here and on places like Electrek in favor of them.

How was the front seat head room compared to the model S?

I am almost 6' tall and have a tall torso so some cars can be a headroom challenge for me. No problem in model 3... I fit nicely in front and OK in back. Someone with long legs might find the back a bit cramped ( if the front seats aren't kept forward. )

Last edited:
Maybe you need a Key Card to get into your Tesla :rolleyes:

-Randy

Here you go :cool:

IMG_6939.JPG

I like the wood trim, at least in the photos I've seen. I suppose you could paint it black...
I see some wood trim and I want it painted black. No wood trim anymore I want it to turn black. I see people turn their heads and quickly look away. Painted dashboards just don't happen everyday.