Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are Brembo's with bimetal rotors (bi metal rotors are $$) all the way around. With the track pack pads (now standard) I never experienced brake fade or any other issue on the track. I never thought once, "two more pistons up front would really reduce my lap time." The previous factory pads did have pretty early fade though. I'm glad they went all in on pads.
On the other hand though, this car is 300-400 lbs heavier than a M3 or M4. They have better brakes. But I guess the regen brake is going to make up the difference

Looking at the tracker it seems odd that there are so few of us in Arizona. Understandably, the tracker doesn’t have every buyer reflected but it seems pretty anemic so I hope that doesn’t slow delivery here.

With the new suspension will coilovwrs still be an option?
It will always be an option. Manufacturers will either come up with a delete for the adaptive suspension, or work out a way to integrate their own electronic dampers, which would take some time to develop. But, the question will depend on the user if they want to mess with the oem dampers by going the aftermarket route.

672DE493-4C7D-495B-9BB6-C649363F44CC.jpeg

One thing I don't like about the wheel design is that the wheel on the left and on the right of the car are identical. So it has a different look and rotation direction on each side. So if it "pushes" air in on one side, then it's pulling it out on the other. That's why I don't believe that these wheels help with brake het, other than giving exposure. I think brakes will be cooler WITHOUT the long inserts

What's the explanation for the tint causing the glass roof to crack?

The glass and tint film don't have the exact same thermal expansion properties. When glass is heated it expands by a different amount than the film and the stress can cause it to crack. The larger the glass panel the more it becomes a problem. It's generally more of an issue for the MY than the 3. Tint shops would love to take your money so if they are pushing back they are saying that they see the liability risk offsetting the potential profit of tinting your roof. Risk is subjective so I'm sure there will be some shops that will be happy to take the money.

BTW, this is a general and well known problem anytime two different materials are bonded together which includes computer chips, dental restorations, rockets engines, etc. The field of materials science dedicates a great deal of R&D into trying to solve these problems which may include inserting a third layer in between to minimize the stress and strain.

• Informative
Reactions: ashegam and P-Lo801
So that’s what the 20s will look like if you only take out the long pieces. Not as funky as I thought it would look. Still wish it was like the 18s where it was even all around.
Now all's I will need to worry about will be 10 holes vs 20. Which now may look a little more wonky if just using plugs since the plugged holes are now on every other opening and the non plugged sections will look clean. As mentioned by someone earlier, I can put a death wheel to the holes and remove them. Not sure how I feel about that without exploring other options. I guess I'll wait and see what the aftermarket will come up on a a better solution than just plugs, maybe something as low profile as possible that conforms to the wheel while still plugging the holes.

One thing I don't like about the wheel design is that the wheel on the left and on the right of the car are identical. So it has a different look and rotation direction on each side. So if it "pushes" air in on one side, then it's pulling it out on the other. That's why I don't believe that these wheels help with brake het, other than giving exposure. I think brakes will be cooler WITHOUT the long inserts
Yeah I don’t get that either. I think the rotation WITH the wheel side looks way better than the rotation against side.