Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's how it is in some states here in the US. I'm in Oklahoma and since there are auto dealer protection laws I have to make full payment before in can cross the state line. I've paid in cash the last Tesla a few months ago and really its no big deal.
This is also the same case in Iowa. As I understand the process now, you either:
Pay for the vehicle sight unseen while it is out of state. It is then delivered to a service center in your state for pickup.
or
Travel to an out of state service center to inspect the vehicle before making a payment transaction or go through the Tesla financing paperwork.

Delivery Update: I was scheduled to take delivery today in Irvine, CA. My CA left me a voice mail yesterday(Sunday)and said they can't release the car because they are still waiting on "government regulation approval" and a new "software update" from HQ.

Fingers crossed Tesla gets this wrapped up soon!
This is getting crazy. These are starting to pile up at their regional locations and they can’t move them out. The timeline just keeps creeping out further and further. Hope it’s resolved soon…

Reactions: AJ Henderson
First, let me say: I know nothing about Dubai. But I do have limited experience with importing items into North America and Europe.

When I hear "pay before bringing the car in from port" I immediate suspect they are trying to play games with customs and tariffs. And you don't want any part of that. The port is not a warehouse, and after an item clear customs, importers usually have 24-72 hours to get the item out of the port, or they start paying extra fees. Tesla should be the importer of record and responsible for all tariffs and fees, not you. If you get named as the importer of record, that could cause all kinds of problems for you.

It should be a hard no to paying before the car arrives at the showroom.
I checked with my colleagues and all of them had to pay in advance before the saw the car. But I am challenging them a bit on this and asking to bring to showroom for an inspection and immediate payment. They are yet to get back to me after speaking internally. I know the car is here in Dubai as its a cancellation which got assigned to me once I change my color. I doubt they would be storing it in customs warehouse.

Reactions: BretM3
The EDD monkey giveth and taketh away.

Order Date 4/23. SG/White

EDD was June then May 14th - May 28th. Then May 17-June 1. Now changed yesterday to May 29 - June 26
I am right with you, also SG/white bumped back to May 29 - June 26. I’m in the Midwest. Hopefully this is just a generic push back and we’ll get an earlier, more specific, EDD once everything gets approved and updated.

Well my estimated delivery updated to May 20 - May 28 from May 19 - May 28 lol I guess it will be daily incremental until the firmware is out and update?? I took my friend to get his new tesla on Friday at Indianapolis delivery center and they did not have a performance on display and they mentioned they won’t be getting one until the demand is met.. they could not check if my car was there or on the way 😩

I currently have an SG /w black interior on order. I am tempted to also order SG /w white. If Tesla raises the price again then the $7500 credit is no longer an option for any configuration.

Feds allows for the $7500 tax credit twice per calendar year and I would qualify.

I can just resell my 2nd order ... hook up an enthusiast and save them $$

Reactions: jose3030
Order Update: I got my confirmation email at 12:24 PM on 4/23/24 Eastern time for a Red/Black. My order number is RN121536XXX and my delivery estimate was May-Jun and then it switched to May 28 - June 30 early on and hasn’t changed since.

I went into the Raleigh Tesla location today and they were able to lookup my order and he said it was showing a July 2nd build date with a mid July delivery time frame.

He said they have an overwhelming number of orders coming in and they have visibility to at least the ones that have been assigned VINs already.

Unfortunately, I will have moved before mine gets delivered so I don’t even know what I will do about that. There are plenty of testing days at the track in June but it looks like I won’t get my car before I move so I won’t be able to test them at the track here.

Not the news I wanted to get. Hopefully someone else that tracks their car will get one before me. Mine appears to be massively delayed even though I have a relatively low order number.

Order Update: I got my confirmation email at 12:24 PM on 4/23/24 Eastern time for a Red/Black. My order number is RN121536XXX and my delivery estimate was May-Jun and then it switched to May 28 - June 30 early on and hasn’t changed since.

I went into the Raleigh Tesla location today and they were able to lookup my order and he said it was showing a July 2nd build date with a mid July delivery time frame.

He said they have an overwhelming number of orders coming in and they have visibility to at least the ones that have been assigned VINs already.

Unfortunately, I will have moved before mine gets delivered so I don’t even know what I will do about that. There are plenty of testing days at the track in June but it looks like I won’t get my car before I move so I won’t be able to test them at the track here.

Not the news I wanted to get. Hopefully someone else that tracks their car will get one before me. Mine appears to be massively delayed even though I have a relatively low order number.
Hopefully they are just talking out of their ass. My confirmation is only like 4 minutes before yours but also still showing May 23 - jun 20

hmmm really weird

Reactions: mpgxsvcd