Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC in New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope, there's been no further sightings that I'm aware of. The rumour was that it was being used for a video shoot, presumably in time for release on the 28th and maybe on the Tesla website. So it was probably taken to some remote-ish location where no-one would see it or notice it, and then shipped back to USA.

Holding Car park.jpg
Access road up 14km long.jpg
Model S team car.jpg
SHPG VIEW.jpg
J
Yes great photos by the Yates Boys, I was up there at the testing grounds on Friday 28/07/17 and saw a white Model 3 testing but not the silver one.
The family was in the Queenstown area for 10 days on a skiing holiday and we spent the last five days at Cardrona which is very close to the Testing grounds.
Most of the areas are restricted with no public access but there is a large car park for the cross country skiers and they mix with some of the test cars.
Here are a few photos, sorry I was not fast enough for the Model 3 which was too fast and too quiet for me to catch it.
I must say that to me it looks better in the wild than in the press photos.
Photo 1 shows the holding area down the mountain for pick up and drop off by the car carriers.
Photo 2 is the access road up to the testing grounds, just over 14km long of steep and winding unsealed road.
Photo 3 is the red Model S which is used by the testing team.
Photo 4 is the view from the car park, it was between -7 to -9c on the day

Last edited:
Reactions: RichardMcN